Moving to Sardinia/Villasimius

Moving to Sardinia/Villasimius

Old Aug 23rd 2016, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

nightsky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Sardinia/Villasimius

Evening Everyone.

This is my first post.
We are moving to Sardinia in April 2017 .

We lived in London for 16 years and now looking to enjoy the Italian life-style, weather, food and sea.

We have had few holidays in the last 6 years in Villasimius and we really like it.We would like to rent a smaller apartment from April .
Is there any suggestion where to start and what estate agent to use?
I have contacted Immobilare Simius and Agenzia Tecnocasa Villasimius but they haven't been so officiant to get back to me. Therefore, we decided to pop out there between the 8-11 Oct.2016 and see if I can do something in person .

Are there any of you living near the village?
Have anyone has a good contact to use for rent or purchase?
Or has anyone got an apartment/room they want to rent out from 2017?

Kind regards
Old Sep 12th 2016, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

sabato will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moving to Sardinia/Villasimius

Hello, Sorry I can't help as I live in NE Sardegna and don't know the south area,but I'm sure you will rec advice/help from others in the area.
Really just wanted to wish you well with your move. We love it here and the good, no, great things about it outweigh the negatives.
Feel free to sent me a PM if anything else is on your mind.
Old Sep 13th 2016, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

Hi Sabato.

Thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately, as I am a new member I cant send PM to anyone until after my 3rd post.
We will go around the island next year and choose where to settle. Who knows its might be NE;-) We going to Porto Cervo in 3 weeks time. First time there ... cant wait
Old Sep 14th 2016, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

sabato will become famous soon enough

Porto Cervo, Porto Rotondo lovely to visit, a beautiful coastline. One thing to remember in the winter months there's only the locals and even restaurants close! Porto Cervo is shut! You'll get a good idea of the places you like with touring around, we did. Also the property prices differ greatly.
Old Sep 18th 2016, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

I think you should go and visit in winter, travel and decide where you want to live.
Villasimius is nice in summer, but I would imagine it would be dead in winter.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

wildboar is on a distinguished road

Hi Nightsky, I can thorougly recommend San Marco estate agent and the Bosa area. Good luck with the move. Best thing I ever did!
Old Dec 1st 2016, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wildboar
Hi Nightsky, I can thorougly recommend San Marco estate agent and the Bosa area. Good luck with the move. Best thing I ever did!
Thank you Wildboar. I will check it out .

We managed to secure an apartment from 1st of April.
We travelled from Olbia to the south on our last journey. Loved San Teodoro .

Not been on the west coast but planning to arrive to Porto Torres in April and take the west side. Now looking to book the ferry ;-)) Cant wait.Meanwhile I have to get on with my italian;-)
Old Dec 2nd 2016, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

Have you had a look at Rightmove? If not for the houses for sale they also say who the agent is and this might give a good idea who has what, where and at what price. Best of luck in your venture - enjoy!
Old Nov 14th 2017, 4:07 pm
Banned

ladybug90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Dear,

It's my pleasure to recommend Giambrone & Partners, an international law firm based in Sardinia with experienced lawyers that are able to speak a very good English and can give you all the support when purchasing a new home.
They will do all the property checks before you buy the house and help you with all the transactions.
The law firm has been the right choice for us that just moved to Sardinia.
I would highly recommend them!
Old Nov 15th 2017, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Oh LAdybug - could this be someone who actually wants to recommend Giambrone? I doubt it. You are the only person I have ever seen who has recommended this firm - People from Calabria and Sicily dont tend to recommnend them. But you are obviously writing from the heart,basedon personal experience, so we should believe you and not assume that it is some pathetic attempt at subtle publicity probably written by an employee. Alternatively, we could could google all the articles in the press and the court cases.
Old Nov 15th 2017, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Geordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond reputeGeordieborn has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Modicasa, was quite surprised at what looked and sounded like an advert. Seen the BBC programs on the subject and read many a web page on it - look it up!