Reload this Page >

2 young guys buying town house in Cianciana

2 young guys buying town house in Cianciana

Old Mar 10th 2014, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

theDouglas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2 young guys buying town house in Cianciana

Hello everyone.

I just registered at this forum, because one of my great friends and I are thinking of buying a house in Sicily, Cianciana. The reason, you might guess, is that its so cheap, and from what we've read on the forum and different blogs, the community seems very nice and welcoming. Now, we have got some skills within renovation and restructuring, but I've read in very very short posts, that you can't just renovate the house, because it needs registration or someone will need to do it for you. So I guess it comes down to, which is cheaper;

1. buying a cheap town house, which needs a lot of work. We will then pay some workmen from the city. I think, from what Ive read, people are nice to help you out with getting you in touch with the right guys for the job.

or

2. simply buying a more "expensive" house, that only require cosmetic work like painting and stuff like that.

Hope to get some answers, because this is really a great thing to do. I would love buying a house in Sicily.

- Douglas.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2 young guys buying town house in Cianciana

Buy a more expensive house. Any restoration project will cost you much more than you plan for. It will also take lots of time. When you buy the plans of the house must be the same as the actual state of the house.
There are lots of places in Sicily with cheap houses, much nearer the sea if that is what you want.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the quick reply modicasa. This was what I was thinking as well. Have you got the name of any real estate agents that sell cheap houses in other cities in Sicily? Or just the cities, then I could look into it. Thank you!

- Douglas.
Old Mar 10th 2014, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

modicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond reputemodicasa has a reputation beyond repute

Where do you want to be?
Old Mar 10th 2014, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Near the water would be great, but actually I don't really care, as long as there's a nice community, which I read there was in Cianciana - and it was only 20 km. from the sea. Would you recommend any places? And oh yea, it has to be pretty cheap as well
Old Mar 10th 2014, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well, Sicily is big - so your best bet is to visit, drive around and see where you like. Ignore the tourist hotspots and the big cities, and then decide if you want to be in the east (greek) or west (Arabic) they are very different. 20km from the sea in somewhere like Cianciana means 1 hour in the car, 20km from somewhere above Siracusa is more like 15 - so infrastructure helps. ANd then it depends where you are more likely to fly into - most people want to be within 90 mins of an airport.
Old Mar 14th 2014, 11:40 pm
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

Going into business with friends (Which is obviously what you are doing) nearly always ends in tears.

Property aside, you need to create your own contract that covers all the WHAT IFs for when one of you decides they want to sell the other does not, this is a real issue and I can almost guarantee this will happen (Of course now you are both on the same page, but that will inevitably change)
Old Mar 31st 2014, 3:44 pm
Just Joined

LoLa13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Douglas, I think I can help you a lot. I have this wonderful experience behind me. I will provide you with all valued info. regarding Cianciana, renovation process and life there in general. It is a fantastic place to be.
Each month more foreigners are investing. You can provide me with your contact and will gladly help you and provide you with the important contacts.... local and foreign.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 8:50 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoLa13
Douglas, I think I can help you a lot. I have this wonderful experience behind me. I will provide you with all valued info. regarding Cianciana, renovation process and life there in general. It is a fantastic place to be.
Each month more foreigners are investing. You can provide me with your contact and will gladly help you and provide you with the important contacts.... local and foreign.
Welcome to the forum LoLa13.

Are you a generally lovely and helpful person, or do you perhaps run a business that will charge Douglas for your help, information and contacts?
I have to ask because touting for business in these forums in not allowed.
Old Apr 1st 2014, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Her name was Lola, she was a show girl, she wore flowers in her hair... is this the sort of help she is offering?
Old Apr 1st 2014, 1:09 pm
Just Joined

to Lorna at Vincenza; the answer is NO !
to Modicasa; I think you describing your sister !
to the rest of forum participants: Come to Cianciana .........you will fall in love !
Old Apr 1st 2014, 3:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lola, I was quoting a Barry Manilow song - you are obviously not familiar with his work!
Old Apr 1st 2014, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Caught up in a world of uphill climbing, the tears are in my mind and nothin' in rhyming ... Modicasa obviously you are familiar.
Old Apr 2nd 2014, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Oh Mandy.