IT Project Manager

Old Mar 25th 2008, 8:59 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT Project Manager

Can't answer 2. but with regard to 1. I think you would find Melbourne and Sydney would be the best due to their size. Brisbane is good too right now.

Buzzy
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

Gnarrabup is on a distinguished road

In the light of the current changes on the market it would be interesting to discuss any noticed changes in demand in IT in general and IT PM opportunies specifically. What news do we have?

Looking at the job boards it seems quite a lot of jobs still keep coming in? Don't know how many are for real though?

We have just gotten visa grants (we were probably the last ones to apply off line - and had to wait another six months for not hooking onto the e-visa trend) and are looking at landing in Perth for a probationary six months this winter.

Any updates are appreciated.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:47 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Perth is still an area where large companies are recruiting aggressively. My company is offering employees relocations to Perth to meet the greater demand there.

I am not tempted as I love the lifestyle in Melbourne too much!

Buzzy
Old Sep 18th 2008, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Can't answer 2. but with regard to 1. I think you would find Melbourne and Sydney would be the best due to their size. Brisbane is good too right now.

Buzzy

brisbane good....dont think so...small number of agancies all chasing the same jobs...most with government...
Old Sep 19th 2008, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chaval
brisbane good....dont think so...small number of agancies all chasing the same jobs...most with government...
My experience of Brisbane is different. I work as an IT PM in Brisbane and we have real trouble getting good PM's. I got about 1 call a week from various agencies asking me if I am available. There is certainly plently of work for IT PM's in Brisbane if you look in the right places.
Old Sep 19th 2008, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

chaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond reputechaval has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonik25
My experience of Brisbane is different. I work as an IT PM in Brisbane and we have real trouble getting good PM's. I got about 1 call a week from various agencies asking me if I am available. There is certainly plently of work for IT PM's in Brisbane if you look in the right places.

u maybe right....maybe im not good lol....however as mentioned before most of the agencies aint got a chuffin clue what skills or epxerience you might need...or which are IT based...

good luck
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

chasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the roughchasmw is a jewel in the rough

Hi,
I'm looking to get an IT PM job in Perth asap. I'm PRINCE2 and PMI certified - approx 9 years experience as a PM, 20 in total in IT.

I'm hearing the market is extremely hard at the moment. Can anyone give me a view on how it is?

Also - is it possible to get a job whilst still in the UK or do I need to be in Perth?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

nickzeff is an unknown quantity at this point

I also am interested to know how the market is for IT project managers at the moment in Perth. I'm PRINCE2 qualified with around 3 years of PM experience. I have about 10-12 years of technical IT experience also.

Have the jobs dried up yet? If not, what could someone with my experience hope to earn? Hard to tell from the stats and job info on the recruitment sites.

Be useful to hear from anybody with some inside knowledge!

Cheers

N
Old Apr 11th 2009, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Just thought I would bump this hoping someone can advise on current IT employment prospects.

OH is oracle apex and pl/sql if that means anything to anyone!

Vicky x
Old Apr 12th 2009, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

ukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really niceukkiwi is just really nice

Originally Posted by vickyandrob
Just thought I would bump this hoping someone can advise on current IT employment prospects.

OH is oracle apex and pl/sql if that means anything to anyone!

Vicky x
Where?
Old Apr 12th 2009, 11:24 am
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ukkiwi
Where?
Sorry, Perth!

If no jobs there, we will go where there are jobs available

Thanks
Old Jun 13th 2009, 11:51 pm
Banned

RoamingExpat is an unknown quantity at this point

Are there many large IT firms in Australia who are hiring now?
Old Jun 14th 2009, 4:36 am
Victorian Evangelist

Smile Re: IT Project Manager

Originally Posted by RoamingExpat
Are there many large IT firms in Australia who are hiring now?
Yes, I need 2 x PMs with data network / Cisco / layer 3 PMing experience right now. One position is confirmed, the other will hopefully be approved this week.

Need CVs please, for start in 1 - 2 months.

Massive global IT company - the positions are in Melbourne.

Buzzy
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

jmoseley will become famous soon enough

Ive been here since April 09 and only had 1 interview (QH) Ive had over 15 years IT experience with Prince 2 qualification. Being told that recruiters will recruit aussies ahead of migrants So If anyone knows of any IT PM or IT Managers positions....please let me know?
Thanks
Old Dec 3rd 2009, 5:42 am
Just Joined

Alejandro is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stebo
Hi all,

I got my PR I and will be going to Oz in January . I'm hoping to travel round all the major cities first to see the country and decide where to live but then I guess I'll have to settle back into work.

I was hoping someone else on BE had migrated to Oz and got work as a Contract/Perm IT Project Manager and if so how easy they found it, what qualifications they had (prince2, PMP, etc) and where in the country they got their job?

Any other advice on being a PM in Oz would be great.

Thanks all......
Hi...

Really it was nice post. Useful information has been given. The post seems to be very informative one. Personally I think it will be very useful for the readers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.