Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Information Technology
Reload this Page >

Are Pc engineers required in oz????

Are Pc engineers required in oz????

Old Jun 23rd 2006, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Bristalien is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are Pc engineers required in oz????

hi there im thinking of moving to austrlia in the next year or so but on the point scoring system i dont seem to have enough to get in i spoke to someone who works in immergration about this and explained what i do for a living and he told me that he doubts i would get in as it aint that big in oz is this true????

im a pc engineer which covers networking,building pc's,loading pc's , repairing pc's (software and hardware issues) diagnostics. I have been doing it for almost 2 years now and have A+ accelerated certificates in both hardware and software. is there need for people like myself over there

any help on this matter will be very helpful
Old Jun 27th 2006, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice
Default Re: Are Pc engineers required in oz????

Originally Posted by Bristalien
hi there im thinking of moving to austrlia in the next year or so but on the point scoring system i dont seem to have enough to get in i spoke to someone who works in immergration about this and explained what i do for a living and he told me that he doubts i would get in as it aint that big in oz is this true????

im a pc engineer which covers networking,building pc's,loading pc's , repairing pc's (software and hardware issues) diagnostics. I have been doing it for almost 2 years now and have A+ accelerated certificates in both hardware and software. is there need for people like myself over there

any help on this matter will be very helpful
Hi Bristalien,

If you were to go down the skilled route you may find it quite difficult to gain "The visa", thats not to say that there is no work there (Oz),for you though. You may also have heard that IT in many areas, is not on the demand list (currently) for Australia. Also true!

Looking at your current role I would suggest you study for the MCSE, this will aid the ACS requirements, unless you hold a degree in IT. I would also look at some of the jobs currently in demand and see if you can steer yourself into that line of work, however in stating this, you also need 6 years of relevent experience. Check out the DIMIA requirements fully and the ACS, once you have looked at those you will be in a far better position to judge what you need to do.

Cheers

PS. Out of the above Networking is the logical choice to develop your career, if you like Networking that is!
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

Bristalien is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are Pc engineers required in oz????

Originally Posted by jayjd12
Hi Bristalien,

If you were to go down the skilled route you may find it quite difficult to gain "The visa", thats not to say that there is no work there (Oz),for you though. You may also have heard that IT in many areas, is not on the demand list (currently) for Australia. Also true!

Looking at your current role I would suggest you study for the MCSE, this will aid the ACS requirements, unless you hold a degree in IT. I would also look at some of the jobs currently in demand and see if you can steer yourself into that line of work, however in stating this, you also need 6 years of relevent experience. Check out the DIMIA requirements fully and the ACS, once you have looked at those you will be in a far better position to judge what you need to do.

Cheers

PS. Out of the above Networking is the logical choice to develop your career, if you like Networking that is!

thx m8 for replying i kinda guessed that doing the mcse course and getting microsoft certified would be a good way to get in only prob is the course is rather pricey and i got to be very careful with my pennys at the mo.im doing n+ networking later this year and yes i do enjoy networking so maybe that will help me a lil more. thx for the help again m8 i may be going to oz this year to check it all out so i will see what kinda work is available to me then also.