Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Information Technology
Reload this Page >

Oz IT Salaries 2005 - Survey results.

Oz IT Salaries 2005 - Survey results.

Old Jun 1st 2005, 11:44 am
Karma to make me calmer!

Tops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura aboutTops has a spectacular aura about
Default Oz IT Salaries 2005 - Survey results.

Hi all,

For those of us in the IT industry, times can be very uncertain. Here is the latest salary survey results from Hays.

I have been in contact with a few Perth based agencies and they all say the ranges quoted in the survey is very accruate.

http://www.careerone.com.au/webdav/s...Technology.pdf

and seen this good news!!

Big pay rises for techies
==================
SALARIES in the technology field are up by 10 per cent this year, as permanent hiring rises with an easing of staff restrictions, a survey shows.

The roles in highest demand include business and process analysts, project managers, and software and infrastructure developers

Many large organisations were able to halt a "salary explosion" by using contractors for a short period and retraining people in desirable skills, Candle Australia ICT national manager Trevor Taylor said.

http://www.careerone.com.au/jobs/job...ni_classifieds

T.

Last edited by Tops; Jun 1st 2005 at 12:03 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2005, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz IT Salaries 2005 - Survey results.

Originally Posted by Tops
Hi all,

For those of us in the IT industry, times can be very uncertain. Here is the latest salary survey results from Hays.

I have been in contact with a few Perth based agencies and they all say the ranges quoted in the survey is very accruate.

==================
SALARIES in the technology field are up by 10 per cent this year, as permanent hiring rises with an easing of staff restrictions, a survey shows.

The roles in highest demand include business and process analysts, project managers, and software and infrastructure developers

Many large organisations were able to halt a "salary explosion" by using contractors for a short period and retraining people in desirable skills, Candle Australia ICT national manager Trevor Taylor said.

T.
The wages seem very accurate to what hubby is getting in Melbourne CBD although I thought that Sydney always got paid a fair bit higher?
Old Aug 26th 2005, 1:55 am
Forum Regular

jgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nicejgombos is just really nice

I'm not sure where to look on that chart the OP posted. Where does an aerospace ADA developer fit in with five years experience?
Old Mar 29th 2006, 1:12 pm
going "home" soon

RayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tops
Hi all,

==================

T.

is there an equivalent one of these for contractor rates???
Old Apr 10th 2006, 9:26 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RayZor
is there an equivalent one of these for contractor rates???
From what I saw when looking around contractor rates (in Sydney at least) are basically the same as permanent plus (maybe) a bit more to cover the fact that public holidays and 20 days annual leave won't be paid. Its certainly nothing like the UK where you earn a lot more.
Old May 7th 2006, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

bainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant futurebainser has a brilliant future

Maybe I'm just blind but I can't see any info for Graphic/Web Designers, there's something for backend web stuff but not front end. Anyone got any ideas what the average is for this?