Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Information Technology
Reload this Page >

Java / J2EE Jobs in Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane

Java / J2EE Jobs in Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane

Old Jul 30th 2010, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

way2aus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Java / J2EE Jobs in Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane

Hi all,

I am a java developer with 6 years of Java / J2EE , spring, ejb etc experience currently performing tech lead role for a US based outsourcing house. I got my PR last year and am thinking to make my move in Jan 2011.

To me, Sydney, Melbourne , Brisbane all is the same and I am ready to move in any location given the opportunity is good. I have a family with a one year son.

Which state do you guys think is most suitable for me in terms of availability of jobs, wage vs living cost ?

I have heard that except for Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane has a bad reputation for racism. Is it something significant to be worried about and keep my options limited to Sydney?
Old Jul 31st 2010, 2:48 am
Forum Regular

himcse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Java / J2EE Jobs in Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane

Try to arrange employment through Indian companies like HCL and Wipro as these companies are willing to hire people who have permanent resident Visas... It should be easy for you given your experience ... Once you are here you can easily shift to local Australian companies ....
Old Aug 3rd 2010, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

rags1974 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Java / J2EE Jobs in Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane

Let me know if you are intrested you can email me your profile. I shall send my email later if you are still intrested. Hope you have strong experience.