Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Information Technology
Reload this Page >

Graduate Training Positions in Australia

Graduate Training Positions in Australia

Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Off 2 Oz is on a distinguished road
Default Graduate Training Positions in Australia

We are in process of applying for PR visa but wont be going until I finish degree, BSc Computing, in 2010. As I wont have any work experience I wondered if anyone has been in a similar position and been able to find a graduate program or job on relocation. Thanks.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

Lindsayc will become famous soon enoughLindsayc will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Graduate Training Positions in Australia

Hi there

I can't help with your answer I'm afraid but I'm in sort of the same position I have my degree and was supposed to start teacher training this year but have decided to do it in oz. I take it your partner like mine is the main applicant. I'm sure that you shouldn't have any trouble finding a position especially with a degree and no doubt there will be graduate schemes like over in this country. Good luck with it all and you could always teach!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Off 2 Oz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Graduate Training Positions in Australia

Hi, thanks for your reply. I hope to get something but you never know. You should get work as a teacher they are short of teachers from what you see. I have thought about teaching, I already have a nursing degree (won't be going back to that!) and thought about doing teaching post grad but decided on computing but I might look into it when I get over there if no jobs. Good luck with everything.