Brisbane IT jobs....

Old Jan 27th 2007, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brisbane IT jobs....

Hey there, got your Pm and will answer that shortly but in the meantime I did mean melbourne as its had the strangest weather but Sydney is a bit barmy too! The other popular place to go is Perth but it actually gets much hotter there, just not the muggy hot we get here. As for the right skills I cant help you with that as the IT industry fluctuates but I will PM you a few pointers so you can watch whats going on ;-)
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Ste&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Babycatcher
Hi jayjd12 - Ok I know a bit more now - think we will be going on a temp visa based on my profession apparently i should be able too find an employer that will do the visa for me!!! wooohooo! However it is hubbies job am worried about - he does 'networking'? Any ideas if he has a hope in hell?
If none of this makes sense it is because of the following a long day at the Emigrate show!
Bye for now

Hi Babycatcher,

My OH is also a midwife and I am a Senior Cisco network engineer! We to have been a bit concerned with regards to finding IT jobs in Brisbane. I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago and somebody who is out in Brissie at the moment said that networking jobs in the Cisco arena are plentiful. You dont mention specifically what your OH does? Check the following thread for info regarding networking jobs;
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=424550&page=3

We are hoping to be going out on a 136MODL as OH will have been working in her post for 3 years in October, if we applied before then we would only have 115 points. I have been working with Cisco kit for 6 years and from what I have read getting my skills assessed by the ACS is a complete waste of time. Aus employers don't seem to value this, besides Cisco is globally recognized so hopefully I should be OK.
My OH subscribes to BMJ, have you looked through this? there is generally 1 or 2 ads' in there looking for Midwifes who are looking to relocate to Aus.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,

Ste&Dawn
Old Feb 18th 2007, 3:25 pm
Dreams can come true :)

Babycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ste&Dawn
Hi Babycatcher,

My OH is also a midwife and I am a Senior Cisco network engineer! We to have been a bit concerned with regards to finding IT jobs in Brisbane. I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago and somebody who is out in Brissie at the moment said that networking jobs in the Cisco arena are plentiful. You dont mention specifically what your OH does? Check the following thread for info regarding networking jobs;
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=424550&page=3

We are hoping to be going out on a 136MODL as OH will have been working in her post for 3 years in October, if we applied before then we would only have 115 points. I have been working with Cisco kit for 6 years and from what I have read getting my skills assessed by the ACS is a complete waste of time. Aus employers don't seem to value this, besides Cisco is globally recognized so hopefully I should be OK.
My OH subscribes to BMJ, have you looked through this? there is generally 1 or 2 ads' in there looking for Midwifes who are looking to relocate to Aus.

Let us know if you need any further help.

Cheers,

Ste&Dawn
Thanks for this. What is it with Midwives marrying IT bods? I know loads of couples like this
Do you mean BMJ or BJM (British Medical Journal or British Journal of Midwifery)?
My OH does Networking and some other stuff that doesn't mean a thing to me! He is going to give me his skills list before I go out on the reccie and I will look around.
Might not bother with the ASC if it's a waste of time. Will try and reputable agent at least as a start point.
Please keep me posted of your progress and GOOD LUCK!
p.s. had a look at your other thread and looks v. promising and made me feel more positive re OH job!

Last edited by Babycatcher; Feb 18th 2007 at 3:55 pm. Reason: more to say!
Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Ste&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to allSte&Dawn is a name known to all

Hi Babycatcher,

I did mean to say the British Journal of Midwifery (BJM) .....to many acronyms in my head to keep track of them all!

Where are you off on a reccie to? Let us all know how it goes, good or bad!

Cheers,

Ste&Dawn
Old Feb 18th 2007, 6:29 pm
Dreams can come true :)

Babycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ste&Dawn
Hi Babycatcher,

I did mean to say the British Journal of Midwifery (BJM) .....to many acronyms in my head to keep track of them all!

Where are you off on a reccie to? Let us all know how it goes, good or bad!

Cheers,

Ste&Dawn
Thanks again!
Our reccie: Me and the kids are going to stay with friends in Brisbane for three weeks! We can't wait. I am hoping to get a look at some hospitals and areas, schools, Work for OH etc. Unfortunately he cannot get the time off work at that time. I will post about the reccie when I get back, will be beg of May.
Anyway as I am not qualified yet I better get on with my dissertation yet.
BTW: I thought you only had to have 18 months experience for an 136 modl, not three years???
Old Feb 19th 2007, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Babycatcher
Thanks again!
Our reccie: Me and the kids are going to stay with friends in Brisbane for three weeks! We can't wait. I am hoping to get a look at some hospitals and areas, schools, Work for OH etc. Unfortunately he cannot get the time off work at that time. I will post about the reccie when I get back, will be beg of May.
Anyway as I am not qualified yet I better get on with my dissertation yet.
BTW: I thought you only had to have 18 months experience for an 136 modl, not three years???
Keep us posted and enjoy!!! Three years post qualification gets us a much needed 10 points.

Ste & Dawn
Old Mar 30th 2007, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

saprogenous is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the business of SEO for the last 4 years. Is there any scope for me in Australia?
Old May 19th 2007, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

hottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nicehottroc is just really nice

Originally Posted by kellyjs
Hey there, got your Pm and will answer that shortly ... As for the right skills I cant help you with that as the IT industry fluctuates but I will PM you a few pointers so you can watch whats going on ;-)
Hi Kelly,

How did you find your job in the end? Would you mind PMing me some agency details and pointers too.

Much appreciated.
Old May 19th 2007, 9:54 am
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

hey
will pm you with my details so if I can help in any way let me know
Kelly
Old May 21st 2007, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kellyjs
hey
will pm you with my details so if I can help in any way let me know
Kelly
Hi Kelly,

We are hoping to be out in Brissie this time next year. Hopefully just round the corner from you, Wellington Point If you wouldn't mind I would appreciate it if you could fwd on your details also.

Off topic,

How is the commute into CBD from Cleveland? Is it that much further onto Wellington Point from Cleveland do you know, peak times that is??

Thanks