Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Information Technology
Reload this Page >

IT Business Analyst experience in Canada ?

IT Business Analyst experience in Canada ?

Old Oct 20th 2019, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

captain-caveman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT Business Analyst experience in Canada ?

Hi folks,

I was wondering if any Business Analysts have moved to Canada from the UK and what has the experience been like in terms of the project working environment ?

I am a IT business analyst contractor with over 14 years of experience in IT transformation programmes in the financial sector with a bachelor degree and postgraduate level qualification in IT.

How easy is it to get traction for BA job interviews in Canada ? any recommendations on jobs sites which can be used to apply for BA roles where employers can sponsor ?

Are the BA project requirement deliverables the same as UK IT project deliverables?

Are Canadian projects more agile or waterfall focused ?

Any insight would be very much appreciated

Old Oct 21st 2019, 9:24 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT Business Analyst experience in Canada ?

Originally Posted by captain-caveman
How easy is it to get traction for BA job interviews in Canada ? any recommendations on jobs sites which can be used to apply for BA roles where employers can sponsor ?
I've no idea about business analysts or if they're in demand in Canada (have you checked Job Bank to see how many jobs are being advertised with your NOC code?), but I'd assume the same advice goes as for all other jobs - forget applying via the internet, and get out there and knock on doors. The Job Hunting Wiki has more info on how to job hunt in Canada, it's all about personal contact. https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Categ...Hunting-Canada

Do you definitely need a job offer to get a visa? No way of applying for PR without one?