Yogyakarta

Old Aug 3rd 2015, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yogyakarta

My response to the subject about Jogja...too much wine ...sorry.

Last edited by Davita; Aug 3rd 2015 at 4:31 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 5:00 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Davita
My response to the subject about Jogja...too much wine ...sorry.
I assume the wine in Bali is cheaper than in Penang then?
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by InVinoVeritas
I assume the wine in Bali is cheaper than in Penang then?
Thanks IVV.... good response....
Hatten Bali wine..White, Red or Rose....my fav, in 2 liter box, cost Rp 257,000 = MYR73.
I know... 'coz I just drank a box....hehehe.
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 5:34 pm
Hostage Negotiator

InVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond reputeInVinoVeritas has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks IVV.... good response....
Hatten Bali wine..White, Red or Rose....my fav, in 2 liter box, cost Rp 257,000 = MYR73.
I know... 'coz I just drank a box....hehehe.
Well I'm catching you up, Davita. Chateau Rouet Rose, Vin de Pays, 5 litres, €14.95 or RM63 but the catch is, I'm in France at the moment so or depending how you look at it!
Old Aug 4th 2015, 8:09 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

I want to cry
Old Aug 4th 2015, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

5 litres!...you've more than caught me up...I can barely drink the 2 litre box without help getting up the stairs.....so 'my hat off to you'...
Old Aug 5th 2015, 2:57 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bakedbean
I want to cry
Me too but our livers will thank us.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 7:49 am
Hostage Negotiator

Just in case there are young children reading this thread - 5 litres of rose wine in one evening is probably a fatal dose of alcohol. Certainly it's enough that death might seem preferable

Last edited by InVinoVeritas; Aug 5th 2015 at 9:24 am. Reason: Spello
Old Aug 5th 2015, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Just in case there are young children reading this thread - 5 litres of rose wine in one evening is probably a fatal does of alcohol. Certainly it's enough that death might seem preferable
With the kids, certainly the teenagers, round here that is going to be the next 'ice bucket challenge'.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 11:36 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex reg
With the kids, certainly the teenagers, round here that is going to be the next 'ice bucket challenge'.
Presume you mean ol' Blighty and not Singapore?
Old Aug 11th 2015, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

This link comes from today's Jakarta Post...as it refers to tourism in Yogyakarta and Bev indicated a liking for wild life I thought it suited this thread.....

Yogyakarta home to 70% of bird species | The Jakarta Post
Old Aug 11th 2015, 4:42 am
Hostage Negotiator

Yes, I thinks BEVS is going to be very interested in that. I've now mentioned Yogyakarta to quite a few people and, like me, no-one had heard of it before. Seems to be a well-kept secret.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 5:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Re post#7
You are correct IVV...most of Indonesia is off the tourist map...except Bali. The Indonesian government has done a pretty useless job of marketing and providing info, and amenities, for foreigners...and local people seem satisfied with 3rd class facilities....although I have noticed some change. Rich locals go to other countries to spend their ill-gotten gains...like Singapore, New York, Paris or London etc.
Total tourism last year to Indonesia was just under 10M, it has a population of 250M and a land mass of 735,000 sq mi. Malaysia, by contrast, had just about 28M tourists, its population is only 30M and land area 128,000 sq mi.

I suggest you get to see Malaysia/Indonesia in the raw soon. With the Ringit and Rupiah in the toilet cheap holidays are going to be a good marketing ploy...if only the RI Gov't was that smart to understand.

I met Retno Marsudi (Indonesian Foreign Secretary) at an Idul Fitri celebration recently and she gets the potential opportunity but says....talking to some in the RI Gov't is like

for example...the President decreed he wanted tourism to be developed and removed the US$35 Visa on Arrival fee for most countries (except Australia).... then some other part of the legislature prohibited even beer to be sold in small 711's and similar stores, and then put 150% tax on imported alcohol....wtf.

Last edited by Davita; Aug 11th 2015 at 6:05 am.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 7:33 am
Hostage Negotiator

.... then some other part of the legislature prohibited even beer to be sold in small 711's and similar stores, and then put 150% tax on imported alcohol....wtf.
Yes, I am 1000% with you on that - grossly unfair and impossible for tourists to live with - I don't know how you cope, Davita
Old Aug 11th 2015, 9:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, I am 1000% with you on that - grossly unfair and impossible for tourists to live with - I don't know how you cope, Davita
haha..I see thru' your subtlety IVV...but it doesn't bother me as I'm currently on a detox program.
I started Sunday morning after 'binging' all Saturday night (dinner party at Davita's as my wife is a great cook) on Oper Ayam and Rendang.... swilled down with a box of Hatten Bali Rosé. The guests drank the good wine.

The detoxification finishes at 6:00pm tonight when we're invited to another party hosted by an executive of HSBC UK, visiting his holiday home in Bali.......if he serves Bali wine I'll change banks.

I don't know about Malaysia but here in RI as 'residents' there are ways and means to get some decent plonk, at 'reasonable' prices. I just 'acquired' a cellar full of mixed Ruffino Chianti, Eaglehawk Merlot, Chateau Neuf du Pap and others...all for about MYR54 a bottle. I think they 'fell' off a boat and swam to Bali.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.