Rules...not Law

Old Jun 5th 2015, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rules...not Law

We have Law in most countries which is created by dialogue and democratic principles, or by Constitution and reform, but...who makes rules?
My research indicates that rules are made in a dictatorial way. I've been on committees and know how easy it is to get a quorum and then wham...a new rule is now on the book and it was only because I wanted it.

Here are a few views on rules....some amusing.

“Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively.”
Dalai Lama XIV.

"You don't learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over."
Richard Branson

“The greatest crimes in the world are not committed by people breaking the rules but by people following the rules. It's people who follow orders that drop bombs and massacre villages.”
Banksy, Wall and Piece.

Hell, there are no rules here, we are trying to accomplish something.
Thomas A. Edison

I don't go by the rule book? I lead from the heart, not the head.
Princess of Wales Diana

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.
Katharine Hepburn

I'm sure there are a million other quotes that could inspire and keep us alert and amused...

any thoughts or comments?
Old Jun 6th 2015, 4:29 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Rules...not Law

I rather like this

“You cannot sensibly expect a starving 'God-fearing' man to honor the 8th commandment.”

- Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Old Jun 6th 2015, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rules...not Law

Nice one BEVS...
I had to look up the 10 commandments to understand which one was No. 8 and 'lo and behold'...it depends on whose interpretation you believe.
Some say 'thou shall not steal' is the 8th and some say it's the 7th. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments
Which gets back to my 1st point...rules are easily dictated and interpreted arbitrarily.

Here's one I created last night....hope it isn't viewed as sexist....

'Cellulite ruled in ancient times...Butt Phat Thigh knowest.'
Sorry, wrong interpretation...should be 'but that thy knows'...