Life in lombok?

Old Jul 31st 2013, 12:22 pm
Just Joined

Funkymonkeez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Life in lombok?

Hi there,
What can anyone tell us about life on the island of Lombok? The cost of housing, health care, schooling, car rental? Any advice would be great as so hard to find any information out about this beautiful part of the world!
Cheers
Old Aug 20th 2013, 12:13 am
BE Enthusiast

hong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond reputehong_konger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life in lombok?

Lombok is a sleepy backwater. It is often compared to Bali 40 years ago but in my opinion is nothing like Bali and unlike Bali it is predominantly muslim. There is not a lot there and I have no idea about schools, medical etc. However, I am sure that property rental and vehicle hire will be quite reasonable. If you are thinking of living there there then it will be quite a culture shock, even for veteran residents of Indonesia !! But yes it is beautiful as is most of Indonesia but not sure I would want to spend longer than a couple of weeks there !! You going to work there ?
Old Aug 20th 2013, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

I've only visited Lombok once and agree with hong_kongers comments in post #2.
There is a new airport but it is a bit far from the town of Senggigi and the 3 islands on the west coast (Gili Lembongan: Meno: Air) which are the most popular destinations for the diving and partying crowd. Most people take a ferry from Bali or, if you can afford, there is a new helicopter service.
The airport was built to accomodate the massive resort project that the Dubai Company was planning to build on the south coast but, they went bankrupt, so that coast is still pristine but has great potential as the beaches and surrounds are gorgeous.
Here is a link to a magazine about activities in Lombok.
http://www.thelombokguide.com/current_issue.html
Old Sep 9th 2013, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

For those that might like a laid back lifestyle in Lombok here is a property that I like.
The asking price is around US$220,000...and negotiable.
I've not seen it...just a real estate Co. that sends me a monthly brochure.

http://xpbali.com/component/option,c...,view/id,1299/