Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Indonesia
Reload this Page >

Just moved to Cirebon, Java

Just moved to Cirebon, Java

Old Mar 9th 2012, 10:48 am
Just Joined

shimshim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just moved to Cirebon, Java

Hello everyone,

Thanks for popping in to read my post. I moved here just over a month ago and I am looking to see who lives locally to me?? Plus if you have any information on how to get out of the city - its proving hard to find useful information, for day trips or further away would be great.

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 10:37 am
Just Joined

LittleMissHales is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just moved to Cirebon, Java

Hi Ya

I live and work in Cirebon, Indonesia! Have been here for over a year now!! Would quite happily answer any questions you have or meet up for a drink and chat!! What are you doing in Cirebon?

Old Apr 3rd 2012, 12:27 am
Just Joined

shimshim is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello LittleMissHales!

This is great news indeed! I am working as an English teacher here, so I will be here for at least another year. I don't know if you have figured out how to get about using the Angkot system here, is there some kind of bus route? I know that is being terribly optimistic, but it would make things so much easier for me! The other thing is that trying to get out of Cirebon, via train, seems to be ...not difficult...but I guess you have book everything in advance. I think I have been leaving it too late especially with the long weekend, executive class is fully booked. The website isn't all that helpful either. If you know of another way that would be great.

Do you know anything about the small airport just outside Cirebon? whether it's open for the public or just private lessons? Would be great to be able to fly out of here!!
I am definitely up for meeting, so excited to find someone!!
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Hi shimshim!

Hope you don't mind me asking is it EF? I kinda know the angkot system, well i know the ones I need to know to get to certain areas! The train is easy, I usually go to the Station to book my tickets and usually go about a week before I want to travel, but I know friends that have go only a couple of days and been fine!! Unfortunatly the airport is only for private lessons as far as I know, which is really annoying, as it would have been really helpful if it was a public one! Travel cars are also another option, which I have used and are good cause they are door - door service!!

I am currently here teaching also, but as a primary school teacher!! Would love to meet up, private message me and we can try organise something!
Old Apr 4th 2012, 2:34 am
Just Joined