Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Indonesia
Reload this Page >

IT job for bule in Jakarta/Bandung?

IT job for bule in Jakarta/Bandung?

Old Jul 22nd 2013, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Dworza is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT job for bule in Jakarta/Bandung?

Hello guys,

I'm considering to move to Indonesia after finishing my bachelor studies
in this year. But I wanted to ask you, if it's even possible for a bule,
to get there a job in IT. I'm quite sure, that there would be lot of
skilled locals, who would work for lower salary and although I think, that
bahasa is easy to learn, I will probalby not be able to speak it fluently
in the first months. On the other hand, I can speak fluently technical
english, speak fluently german, I've got elementary knowledge of brazilian
portuguese and my mother language is czech - so I can also speak fluent slovak and understand polish.

I also have quite a problem to find some IT realted job offers on the internet. Could somebody please show me some, where to seek for indonesian IT jobs and how much could be the salary for middle-experienced java EE developer or junior software engineer & project manager? And as I would prefer to live in Bandung, is it even possible, to get some IT job in a big company somewhere else, than only in Jakarta? I would prefer big companies, because I've got experiences from working for IBM, Societe Generale and Vodafone. If you've got some experience in IT business in Indonesia and some time to help me, maybe check my linkedin profile for more info about my CV
http://www.linkedin.com/in/martindvoracek

Please notice, that I'm not seeking for a job at this moment..I'm only
mapping the opportunities Thanks for any reply.

Martin
Old Jul 24th 2013, 1:38 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT job for bule in Jakarta/Bandung?

Hi Martin and welcome to the forum. I cannot help you much but might be worth looking in the Working Abroad by Profession section of this forum. Theres an IT section. You should be able to find it from the main index page on here.