Jakarta, Indonesia.

Old Nov 29th 2010, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

alan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nicealan280170 is just really nice
Default Jakarta, Indonesia.

Just started work in Jakarta, wondering if anyone has a list of good places to eat, drink and have fun. Got a place in Kamang, so preferably close to there as traffic is a nightmare.

Cheers

Alan
Old Dec 30th 2010, 11:16 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jakarta, Indonesia.

Originally Posted by alan280170
Just started work in Jakarta, wondering if anyone has a list of good places to eat, drink and have fun. Got a place in Kamang, so preferably close to there as traffic is a nightmare.

Cheers

Alan
Welcome to wonderland!

Eastern Promise is in Kemang, worth a visit. De Hoi as well. Bugils has closed, more is the pity.

Stadium if you are into drugs, underage girls, waria's (ladybird) and endless parties. BATS under the shangri la, Red Square, blowfish...

For real fun go to Blok M, up the side street near the bus station (opposite side to the shopping mall. My Bar, Oscars, the legendary Top Gun and Sportsman. Near there is a hellhole I love called the Club - full of old ex hookers with a heart of gold. get them talking of the old days pre krismon.....

I think Town and Country is now closed - it changed it's name to Tiar Ceria or something....

Whatever you want, you can find it in Jakarta.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 11:20 pm
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alan280170

Cheers

Alan
Sadly, the real grand old lady of fun in Jakarta is long gone, Tanamar.

Oh god how I miss that place. it was the endless party with no tomorrow, and I have never met a JKT expat who doesn't have a dreamy look in his eye when you mention the name. Mind you, their wives have a far different look.

Read the link to know what you have missed:

http://www.jakarta24.com/review_bar_062004.php
Old Jan 6th 2011, 4:15 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Jakarta, known as the Big Durian. I'm a big fan of durian. Are there any special varieties local only to Indonesia ?

Stinky ?
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:47 pm
Just Joined

verchiel is an unknown quantity at this point

oh my hometown!

South Jakarta maybe the suitable place for expat. Hope you enjoy Jakarta and I miss the weather,except the pollution and traffic jam