Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Indonesia
Reload this Page >

I feel so clever i thought of posting here!

I feel so clever i thought of posting here!

Old Dec 30th 2014, 12:57 am
Account Closed

Beasty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I feel so clever i thought of posting here!

I have a problem

I want to order products form indonesia from a company on Alibaba, now this site does not exactly have the best reputation and having spoken to 3 agents in China they are telling me that the company that seems too good to be true probably is in their opinion. I have been given some good advice on checking them out but I would like to see if someone would physically go to the address and take pictures of the products I am after (assuming this is possible)

I know there may not be anyone on here, but even if you can point me at an indonesian board that I can post this on..

I would pay a small amount lets say 25 quid (I am looking to find someone local to the factory OR maybe NON factory) who can simply knock on the door and say, i am here for K, let me take pictures and a single unit sample..

If you can help me please send a PERSONAL MESSAGE as I am usually in the ITALIAN section and will not come back here often at all.. thank you

thank you
thank you
Old Dec 30th 2014, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I feel so clever i thought of posting here!

Hi Beastie and welcome to the Indonesian BE.
If you posted where the company was located you may get some better help. Indonesia is vast and has the 4th largest population on earth so....location is key.
The idea of the forum is to stimulate questions and answers so I wouldn't put out much hope some Brit-Expat will PM you...unless they're desperate for 25 quid!!!
Old Jan 14th 2015, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

oneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond repute

Don't need the £25, but if it is near me I'll be glad to pop along and scope it out. I'm in Bali but have a business meeting in Jakarta next week, if it's not to far out of the way I can look for you (or maybe ask any friends near to it).
Old Jan 14th 2015, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

Beasty is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, thank you

I kind of assumed it would not be a major hassle if someone happened to be nearby

I actually emailed him and said i want someone I trust to come see the factory before the order.. NO REPLY.

so it is a dead duck

but thank you
Old Jan 14th 2015, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

oneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond reputeoneblokeinbali has a reputation beyond repute

No problem, I know the issue well. When I go to Jakarta next week I'm going to see a manufacturer that has no website, no email etc, everything I've tried has given me no response, so I'll pop along. (As I know we can build a website of their stuff and make a kings Ransom back in Blighty).

Keep on keeping on though!