Batu Theme Parks

Old Jun 16th 2015, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Batu Theme Parks

A recent question on another thread has influenced me to write the following.
For those more adventurous expat travellers, wanting a getaway from their possibly extended Bali holiday, may I introduce Batu in East Java.
Batu is an adventure playground for young and old and family. It is located in East Java some 100 kms from Surabaya but only around 18 kms from Malang. I recommend a flight from Bali to Malang (Wings Air) and a 30 min taxi ride to Batu.
There are numerous hotels of all grades in Batu itself although one could stay in Malang, for its historical Dutch interest and also visit the apple and tea plantations. My recommendation would be to taxi to Batu and stay in one of the hotels near the Jatim and Eco Green theme parks, then return to Malang to visit, then go to the airport for a return flight. I haven't stayed in any hotels as my brother in law has a house in Malang, so unable to recommend anywhere...I suggest a search for somewhere within budget and close to the theme parks.
Both places are of high elevation and therefore much cooler than other parts of Indonesia...a sweater, cardigan or light jacket should be carried. Also, weekends are usually when the hotels and parks are more full with Jakarta visitors, so a midweek visit is advisable.
My own visit was to the apple and tea plantation which was not really all that interesting but the Eco Green Park in Batu was a full day of enjoyment...there are numerous exhibitions of environmentally friendly themes of interest and a huge collection of birds and animals from everywhere in the world...some caged and others free. There was so much to see and admire I want to return as I didn't even get to the other parks. I believe it's best to get a multi-ticket for all parks but it wasn't very expensive anyway...not like theme parks in other countries. For those elderly or infirm, or too bloody lazy to walk, there are electric buggies available for rent at the entrance.