Reload this Page >

Uk Visa Sponsor For Mum

Uk Visa Sponsor For Mum

Old Apr 17th 2013, 8:45 pm
Just Joined

mum_bangladesh_2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk Visa Sponsor For Mum

Hi all,

I am a british citizen settled in the uk i was born in bangladesh. I last seen my mother in 1994 and she is 60 and of ok health for age. I am wanting to get my mum over to the uk for 6 months visit visa so she can see me, my husband and her 2 grandchildren, however we are going to sort out the visa over here in the uk using the visauk online application process and at the end ot states it costs 10k taka (£80) for the visa and my mum would go to sylet to obtain the visa. I find this hard to belive that the visa can be collected there and not sorted out over here?, is this me being slighly silly?

Do i pay over here for the visa or does my mum pay in bangladesh?

Could someone please help?

thanks in advance.
Old Apr 21st 2013, 4:27 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk Visa Sponsor For Mum

Originally Posted by mum_bangladesh_2013
Hi all,

I am a british citizen settled in the uk i was born in bangladesh. I last seen my mother in 1994 and she is 60 and of ok health for age. I am wanting to get my mum over to the uk for 6 months visit visa so she can see me, my husband and her 2 grandchildren, however we are going to sort out the visa over here in the uk using the visauk online application process and at the end ot states it costs 10k taka (£80) for the visa and my mum would go to sylet to obtain the visa. I find this hard to belive that the visa can be collected there and not sorted out over here?, is this me being slighly silly?

Do i pay over here for the visa or does my mum pay in bangladesh?

Could someone please help?

thanks in advance.

Hi there

Firstly welcome to BE.

I am currently looking to spionsor a close friend to the UK and from what I understand the visa applicaion has to be made in the country of the person applying for the visa, which is the same for UK citizens applying to visit various Asian countries.
I don;t know about the process in Bangladesh but in India the application is initially made online then an appointment made to submit hard copy of the application and supporting documents at a listed British Consulate, and the fee can be paid in advance at a named bank or at the time of application.

The following website was very useful in explaining the process, as well as listing the necessary documents required to support an application:

in.vfsglobal.co.uk
On this website you can look up the visa process for most countries.

Hope this helps

Dread - x