Reload this Page >

Study English in India!

Study English in India!

Old May 15th 2012, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

GInd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Study English in India!

Hi!

I'm Italian and I don't speak English very well . So, I want to improve my English

I consider you a community of Experts, therefore I ask you for a piece of advice: what is the best place in India for learning English??
In my idea, I'm going to stay in India for some months, if I'll find the right solution.

Please, help me. Thanks
Old May 18th 2012, 7:17 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Study English in India!

Originally Posted by GInd
Hi!

I'm Italian and I don't speak English very well . So, I want to improve my English

I consider you a community of Experts, therefore I ask you for a piece of advice: what is the best place in India for learning English??
In my idea, I'm going to stay in India for some months, if I'll find the right solution.

Please, help me. Thanks
Hi, Welcome to BE, I am sure one of our "Indian friends" will give you advise. Enjoy your stay in India.
Old May 19th 2012, 3:40 am
Just Joined

napatel2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

keeping living cost consideration in mind I think vadodara(Baroda) M.S.University is the best - small beautiful city and lots of opportunities for education in any field. Universities with lots of foreign students
Old May 19th 2012, 4:55 am
Yes a friend to all BEs

IndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and welcome to BE. Where are you in India?

In almost every city you will find very good English learning institutes. There are several courses but the one that may suit you best is an English Conversation course. This would be a short course, typically 1-3 months and at the end of it you will get by in the language.

As napatel2007 has suggested, MS University is very good if you want to do a 'full' course which would be for 1+ year duration. If you are near Mumbai, Pune, you can find many institutes too.

There are some online learning courses but I wouldn't suggest these.

So again, where in India are you?

Cheers and hope you enjoy your stay in this Cyber Community.
Old May 19th 2012, 8:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by noni
Hi, Welcome to BE, I am sure one of our "Indian friends" will give you advise. Enjoy your stay in India.
Thanks Noni, fo endorsement

Originally Posted by napatel2007
keeping living cost consideration in mind I think vadodara(Baroda) M.S.University is the best - small beautiful city and lots of opportunities for education in any field. Universities with lots of foreign students
Thanks Napatel2007, I'm going to deepen.

Originally Posted by IndianFriend
Hello and welcome to BE. Where are you in India?

In almost every city you will find very good English learning institutes. There are several courses but the one that may suit you best is an English Conversation course. This would be a short course, typically 1-3 months and at the end of it you will get by in the language.

Hi IndianFriend, now I'm in Italy. I'm thinging of going in a mothertongue English country for learning English.

I know... India isn't the best place in the world because English accent of Indian people isn't very cool!!!!
In my idea, I'm going to make a holiday and take an English course, or even better I'm gonig to find a good teacher for private lessons. Yes, I'd spend some months there. So, in this case India is the cheapest solution for a student, in my opinion.

Cheers

Goodbye

Last edited by GInd; May 19th 2012 at 8:29 am.
Old May 19th 2012, 8:46 am
Yes a friend to all BEs

IndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond repute

Hi IndianFriend, now I'm in Italy. I'm thinging of going in a mothertongue English country for learning English.

I know... India isn't the best place in the world because English accent of Indian people isn't very cool!!!!
Well, thats your opinion and you are entitled to one. And its your choice, you are free to take it. Dont agree with you though, no, thats not right.
Old May 19th 2012, 11:31 am
Just Joined

Have you tried www.livemocha.com
Worth trying and get your self an good start.
Old May 19th 2012, 12:15 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Napatel2007, I'm going to deepen.

In my idea, I'm going to make a holiday and take an English course, or even better I'm gonig to find a good teacher for private lessons. Yes, I'd spend some months there. So, in this case India is the cheapest solution for a student, in my opinion.

Cheers

Goodbye
Ciao e benvenuto al forum.

Your choice of course where you want to study English. Regardless of accents you need to think about prices as well.
Anyway, you will never lose your Italian accent. Italians who speak English often have a stronger accent than Indians.
Old May 19th 2012, 6:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi IndianFriend, now I'm in Italy. I'm thinging of going in a mothertongue English country for learning English. I know... India isn't the best place in the world because English accent of Indian people isn't very cool!!!!
Cheers

Goodbye
The mother tongue for most Indians is not English (there are many Indian languages). That said some learn English at home along with their own language even from 2-3 years old; others learn at school.
Many Indians are multi-lingual.

How is it you write English so well?
Old May 20th 2012, 2:21 am
Just Joined

hi Bipat,
Its nice hearing from you. I was educated at English School and the owner of the school was an foreigner and who is you can say that addicted to flawless language. That is the reason I think the cause and I am very fond of reading English Books of famous English Authors. Some of them are my favourite if you have heard the name Michael crichton.
Old May 20th 2012, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bipat
The mother tongue for most Indians is not English (there are many Indian languages). That said some learn English at home along with their own language even from 2-3 years old; others learn at school.
I know in general that well-educated Indian people speak good English with accent very close to standard of BBC. Anyway, they seem a minority.

Wow... I got a good mark!!

I think that my English is between lower/upper intermediate level, no more than that. I want to improve my language proficiency up to advanced.

Till now, in the most, I've taught English myself using an expensive, but efficacious, DVD course; Murphy's book; Internet resources, like: http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/ ; http://www.engvid.com/ .

Ciao
Old May 20th 2012, 2:03 pm
Just Joined

I know in general well-educated indian people speak good English with accent very close to standard of BBC. Anyway, they seem a minority, but I'm sure Napatel is one of them!

WOW... I got a good mark!!

I think my English is between lower/upper intermediate level, no more than that! I want to improve my language proficiency up to advanced.

Till now, in the most, I've taught English myself using DVD course, Murphy's book and Internet resources like BBC Language.

Ciao
Old May 20th 2012, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

I quote myself.

I've never been to India, I read about Indian English accent in some forums. I' m glad if this is not true!
Old May 22nd 2012, 9:14 am
Yes a friend to all BEs

I quote myself.

I've never been to India, I read about Indian English accent in some forums. I' m glad if this is not true!
Have you heard of Geoffrey Boycott the great English cricketer of the '70s and now commentator? He is from Yorkshire and if he were asked, he'd probably say in jest "The Queen has an accent" He's a hugely popular commentator in India too. And we love his typical style.

English is now a universal language and there are so many words that the Oxford dictionary adds each year, some of which are not English words! So English when spoken in India or Italy or Britain or Australia would all be seen as having an 'accent' by everyone other than the speaker

When you come to India you will know and love it.

Cheers
Old May 23rd 2012, 7:58 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

If you need a qualification then why not go to the UK much better option and you could work too.
If you do not need a qualification - just head out to Goa have a fun time and you will find a lot of folk who will be more than happy to help your English improve and you will have a great holiday too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.