Renewing UK Passport advice please

Renewing UK Passport advice please

Old Aug 4th 2015, 9:56 am
Just Joined

ThaiT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewing UK Passport advice please

My passport expires Oct '15.
Trying to get it renewed here in India.
Going around in circles trying to find out how.

Been to GOV website no application address
Called Mumbai DHC referred to website
GOV website refers back to DHC in India

etc...etc...etc

Going crazy ... any advice?
Old Aug 4th 2015, 10:58 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing UK Passport advice please

Originally Posted by ThaiT

etc...etc...etc

All UK passports are now renewed in the UK, there is no other way I'm afraid.

Start here..

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
Old Aug 4th 2015, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

Thanks mikelincs
I have followed that link more than a couple of times, I always end up at a list of Deputy High Commissions in India, so I contacted the nearest one to me ... Mumbai ... they referred me back to the same link ... the one you quote.
Have tried HMPO in London ... get another GOV.UK link that ...believe it or not ... sends me back to the same link.
And on top of that - despite a web search - I cannot find an address to send my overseas application to ...
Confusion reigns.
Thanks
T
Old Aug 4th 2015, 4:58 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks mikelincs
I have followed that link more than a couple of times, I always end up at a list of Deputy High Commissions in India, so I contacted the nearest one to me ... Mumbai ... they referred me back to the same link ... the one you quote.
Have tried HMPO in London ... get another GOV.UK link that ...believe it or not ... sends me back to the same link.
And on top of that - despite a web search - I cannot find an address to send my overseas application to ...
Confusion reigns.
Thanks
T
If you follow the link I gave you, and just fill in the steps you will come to this page, and all the info regarding the forms ect is on there via the links.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passport...wing_new/adult

this was by saying it was a renewal and you were from india wanting an adult passport. Sorry but I'm unable to do any mre for you other than get this far.
Old Aug 4th 2015, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

etc...etc...etc

Hello, I can't help specifically as I have always renewed my passport in the UK.
However I think you will get advice from the Indiamike Forum (which is used more often by expats in India).
There is a designated visa/passport query section and there are threads regarding UK passport renewal in India, or you can put your own question.

For Citizens of Other Countries - Visa and PIO/OCI Questions - India Travel Forum | IndiaMike.com
Old Aug 5th 2015, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

etc...etc...etc

You can extend a UK passport for one year (once), you have to attend one of the BHC offices in india in person - the BHCI website should have details.
N.B. The one year runs from the date you do the extension, not the date your passport expires, so leave it as late as possible/safe.

After that a new passport is much easier in the UK.

hth AndyD 8-)
Old Aug 5th 2015, 8:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you're applying from India you need to attend a UK visa application centre in person to apply for and collect your passport. All the information you need is on the link that mikelincs posted.

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passport...wing_new/adult
Old Sep 7th 2015, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a_f_d
You can extend a UK passport for one year (once), you have to attend one of the BHC offices in india in person - the BHCI website should have details.
N.B. The one year runs from the date you do the extension, not the date your passport expires, so leave it as late as possible/safe.

After that a new passport is much easier in the UK.

hth AndyD 8-)
The one year UK passport extension special measure ended in April 2015. Please see link below -

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/t...-living-abroad
Old Sep 8th 2015, 12:51 am
Just Joined

Thank you all.
The reality was a lot easier once I found the right info.
Compiled the paperwork
Made a reservation at the Visa Centre in Mumbai
Delivered paperwork (15 mins inside) and got my blue slip
Received phone call advising passport ready
Collected passport (no appointment needed only blue slip) again 15 mins inside!
Total duration was 16 days and that included a delay because I needed to give them a report for my lost 2nd passport.
Well done HMPO!!

T
Old Sep 8th 2015, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HKG3
The one year UK passport extension special measure ended in April 2015. Please see link below -

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/t...-living-abroad
Thanks for that - looks like I got mine just in time!

AndyD 8-)
Old Sep 8th 2015, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

....Total duration was 16 days ...

T
Which suggests that sanity has prevailed and they have changed the 'centralised' system (Liverpool & Hong Kong?) and reverted to the local missions being involved???

AndyD 8-)
Old Sep 8th 2015, 9:03 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Which suggests that sanity has prevailed and they have changed the 'centralised' system (Liverpool & Hong Kong?) and reverted to the local missions being involved???

AndyD 8-)
No, still all done in UK, but times have improved considerably.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 9:33 am
MVP

edward222 has a reputation beyond reputeedward222 has a reputation beyond reputeedward222 has a reputation beyond reputeedward222 has a reputation beyond reputeedward222 has a reputation beyond reputeedward222 has a reputation beyond reputeedward222 has a reputation beyond reputeedward222 has a reputation beyond reputeedward222 has a reputation beyond reputeedward222 has a reputation beyond reputeedward222 has a reputation beyond repute

Try to go in UK embassy in India.
I think they can do something in your situation.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 9:40 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by edward222
Try to go in UK embassy in India.
I think they can do something in your situation.
What situation is that, ALL UK PASSPORTS ARE RENEWED IN THE UK. simples, and the turnround times are no more than renewing from the UK, even first passports have to be done via the UK, these may take a little longer due to the checks needed.
Old Sep 8th 2015, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

My renewal was handled by the overseas team in the Liverpool office in UK. I know this because I received an email from them.

The visa office I used (Trade Center building, Bandra Complex, Mumbai) is only a go between ... they collect and then send over to UK ... once processed they receive the new passport and phone you to come and collect.

T

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.