Reload this Page >

Potential move to Ahmedabad, Gujurat

Potential move to Ahmedabad, Gujurat

Old Nov 17th 2012, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Ash786 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Potential move to Ahmedabad, Gujurat

Hi peeps

I'm a British national, presently working for a German company in Saudi Arabia. The project we are working on may get delayed so we could re-located elsewhere. The company do have a big project In Ahmedabad and I would be interested. My wife's from AMD and I have in-laws there and have been there before so settling in woudn't really be a problem. And having an existing support network would be the main benefit. I havent applied for the OCI but will probably do so early next year if Im offered a move there.

My wife would jump at the chance as it is in the UK with the kids (2) and I am in Saudi. If I am offered the same package that I am getting here I could be in luck financially. But....
I'm not naive, going to a place on holiday is one thing, living and working there is another matter so my questions are the usual

1) what are decent schools there and are there any which have the British curriculum?

2) Property prices? I am tempeted to buy (as you can with an OCI I believe) and even when the project finishes keep the property as a valuable bit of investment for the future.

I appreciate that AMD is not Mumbai, Delhi etc and is not overflowing with tourist-y places, although Ghandiagar is very close etc. But any views and opinions, good or bad would be appreciated

Thanks

Ash
Old Nov 18th 2012, 12:39 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Potential move to Ahmedabad, Gujurat

Originally Posted by Ash786
Hi peeps

I'm a British national, presently working for a German company in Saudi Arabia. The project we are working on may get delayed so we could re-located elsewhere. The company do have a big project In Ahmedabad and I would be interested. My wife's from AMD and I have in-laws there and have been there before so settling in woudn't really be a problem. And having an existing support network would be the main benefit. I havent applied for the OCI but will probably do so early next year if Im offered a move there.

My wife would jump at the chance as it is in the UK with the kids (2) and I am in Saudi. If I am offered the same package that I am getting here I could be in luck financially. But....
I'm not naive, going to a place on holiday is one thing, living and working there is another matter so my questions are the usual

1) what are decent schools there and are there any which have the British curriculum?

2) Property prices? I am tempeted to buy (as you can with an OCI I believe) and even when the project finishes keep the property as a valuable bit of investment for the future.

I appreciate that AMD is not Mumbai, Delhi etc and is not overflowing with tourist-y places, although Ghandiagar is very close etc. But any views and opinions, good or bad would be appreciated

Thanks

Ash

Hi Ash

I can;t answer your questions as such (however some of the other son her will probably be able to help) , but just wanted to say welcome to BE and the India and Goa forums

Dread - x