OCI Application

Old Dec 24th 2017, 9:00 am
Just Joined

Shahira is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OCI Application

My husband a British citizen , is trying to apply for his OCI .
As per the document list he has his mother’s passport copy but unfortunately he is does not have his fathers passport copy. He has been trying to get hold of the same but in vain. He has the marriage certificate and his birth certificate for proof of his parents .
But when we tried to submit the same at the Indian embassy here in the UAE they rejected saying the documents for incomplete due to the fathers missing passport details.
Can anyone help , some advise.....
Old Dec 24th 2017, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OCI Application

Originally Posted by Shahira
My husband a British citizen , is trying to apply for his OCI .
As per the document list he has his mother’s passport copy but unfortunately he is does not have his fathers passport copy. He has been trying to get hold of the same but in vain. He has the marriage certificate and his birth certificate for proof of his parents .
But when we tried to submit the same at the Indian embassy here in the UAE they rejected saying the documents for incomplete due to the fathers missing passport details.
Can anyone help , some advise.....
Presume your husband was born in the UK. The only thing I can suggest is any Indian Gov. stamped documents of his fathers schooling. Or affidavit signed in India by someone who knows of the father's birth. (It has to be proved the father was born in India).
Old Dec 24th 2017, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bipat
Presume your husband was born in the UK. The only thing I can suggest is any Indian Gov. stamped documents of his fathers schooling. Or affidavit signed in India by someone who knows of the father's birth. (It has to be proved the father was born in India).
Hi bipat,
Many thanks for your reply. My husband and his parents are British citizens. We have been trying to get hold of his passport copy but not got through yet. We have his parents marriage certificate, my husbands birth certificate .. how can we submit the docs without the fathers passport copy.
Thank you
Shahira
Old Dec 24th 2017, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi bipat,
Many thanks for your reply. My husband and his parents are British citizens. We have been trying to get hold of his passport copy but not got through yet. We have his parents marriage certificate, my husbands birth certificate .. how can we submit the docs without the fathers passport copy.
Thank you
Shahira
As I said --you have to prove Indian birth by an Indian document---birth certificate--passport or as I said an affidavit by local person signed by an Indian magistrate. Primary school reports etc. may be accepted as additional evidence.
Without these items unfortunately you can't get OCI.
If you yourself can get OCI your husband could get it as a 'spouse'.
Old Dec 24th 2017, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bipat
As I said --you have to prove Indian birth by an Indian document---birth certificate--passport or as I said an affidavit by local person signed by an Indian magistrate. Primary school reports etc. may be accepted as additional evidence.
Without these items unfortunately you can't get OCI.
If you yourself can get OCI your husband could get it as a 'spouse'.
Hi there ....
Sorry I was not more specific . I am an Indian by origin and my husband is british by origin , so he is trying to apply for an OCI as my spouse , and with the documents he needs to submit the passport copies of his parents to prove their citizenship , unfortunately he does not have hold of his fathers passport copy and he is currently deceased. If anyone can advise me for further process , would appreciate it ...
Old Dec 24th 2017, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi there ....
Sorry I was not more specific . I am an Indian by origin and my husband is british by origin , so he is trying to apply for an OCI as my spouse , and with the documents he needs to submit the passport copies of his parents to prove their citizenship , unfortunately he does not have hold of his fathers passport copy and he is currently deceased. If anyone can advise me for further process , would appreciate it ...
I see, then I really don't see the problem, his parents shouldn't matter or even be enquired about. (Or, unless he is of Pakistani origin when as you know in present day India that can result in questions).