Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East and Asia / India

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Dec 24th 2017, 9:00 am   #1
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 3
Shahira is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OCI Application

My husband a British citizen , is trying to apply for his OCI .
As per the document list he has his mother’s passport copy but unfortunately he is does not have his fathers passport copy. He has been trying to get hold of the same but in vain. He has the marriage certificate and his birth certificate for proof of his parents .
But when we tried to submit the same at the Indian embassy here in the UAE they rejected saying the documents for incomplete due to the fathers missing passport details.
Can anyone help , some advise.....
Shahira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th 2017, 9:45 am   #2
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 8,825
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OCI Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahira View Post
My husband a British citizen , is trying to apply for his OCI .
As per the document list he has his mother’s passport copy but unfortunately he is does not have his fathers passport copy. He has been trying to get hold of the same but in vain. He has the marriage certificate and his birth certificate for proof of his parents .
But when we tried to submit the same at the Indian embassy here in the UAE they rejected saying the documents for incomplete due to the fathers missing passport details.
Can anyone help , some advise.....
Presume your husband was born in the UK. The only thing I can suggest is any Indian Gov. stamped documents of his fathers schooling. Or affidavit signed in India by someone who knows of the father's birth. (It has to be proved the father was born in India).
Bipat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th 2017, 2:34 pm   #3
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 3
Shahira is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OCI Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Presume your husband was born in the UK. The only thing I can suggest is any Indian Gov. stamped documents of his fathers schooling. Or affidavit signed in India by someone who knows of the father's birth. (It has to be proved the father was born in India).
Hi bipat,
Many thanks for your reply. My husband and his parents are British citizens. We have been trying to get hold of his passport copy but not got through yet. We have his parents marriage certificate, my husbands birth certificate .. how can we submit the docs without the fathers passport copy.
Thank you
Shahira
Shahira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th 2017, 4:25 pm   #4
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 8,825
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OCI Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahira View Post
Hi bipat,
Many thanks for your reply. My husband and his parents are British citizens. We have been trying to get hold of his passport copy but not got through yet. We have his parents marriage certificate, my husbands birth certificate .. how can we submit the docs without the fathers passport copy.
Thank you
Shahira
As I said --you have to prove Indian birth by an Indian document---birth certificate--passport or as I said an affidavit by local person signed by an Indian magistrate. Primary school reports etc. may be accepted as additional evidence.
Without these items unfortunately you can't get OCI.
If you yourself can get OCI your husband could get it as a 'spouse'.
Bipat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th 2017, 5:50 pm   #5
Just Joined
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 3
Shahira is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OCI Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
As I said --you have to prove Indian birth by an Indian document---birth certificate--passport or as I said an affidavit by local person signed by an Indian magistrate. Primary school reports etc. may be accepted as additional evidence.
Without these items unfortunately you can't get OCI.
If you yourself can get OCI your husband could get it as a 'spouse'.
Hi there ....
Sorry I was not more specific . I am an Indian by origin and my husband is british by origin , so he is trying to apply for an OCI as my spouse , and with the documents he needs to submit the passport copies of his parents to prove their citizenship , unfortunately he does not have hold of his fathers passport copy and he is currently deceased. If anyone can advise me for further process , would appreciate it ...
Shahira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th 2017, 8:15 pm   #6
Bipat 
Lost in BE Cyberspace
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 8,825
Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OCI Application

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahira View Post
Hi there ....
Sorry I was not more specific . I am an Indian by origin and my husband is british by origin , so he is trying to apply for an OCI as my spouse , and with the documents he needs to submit the passport copies of his parents to prove their citizenship , unfortunately he does not have hold of his fathers passport copy and he is currently deceased. If anyone can advise me for further process , would appreciate it ...
I see, then I really don't see the problem, his parents shouldn't matter or even be enquired about. (Or, unless he is of Pakistani origin when as you know in present day India that can result in questions).
Bipat is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Far East and Asia / India


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 1:49 pm.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com