Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Mozzies in Jan (North to South)

Mozzies in Jan (North to South)

Old Dec 22nd 2013, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mozzies in Jan (North to South)

Hi,

Greetings from the ME forum.

Anyway, I am doing the 2014 Rickshaw Run that starts in Jaisalmer and travels down the West coast to Cochin. Dates are Jan 1st - Jan 14th 2014.

My questions are:

Whats the mozzie situation at the mo? We are planning on camping, although this may change once we start.

Is there anything that we should positively, definitely 100% be bringing with us. Note, we are travelling V light.

Cheers

Jamie
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 8:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mozzies in Jan (North to South)

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Hi,

Greetings from the ME forum.

Anyway, I am doing the 2014 Rickshaw Run that starts in Jaisalmer and travels down the West coast to Cochin. Dates are Jan 1st - Jan 14th 2014.

My questions are:

Whats the mozzie situation at the mo? We are planning on camping, although this may change once we start.

Is there anything that we should positively, definitely 100% be bringing with us. Note, we are travelling V light.

Cheers

Jamie
There will be less mosquitoes in January than in summer season but they will still be around in Maharashtra, Goa and Karnataka coast, particularly if you are camping and can't 'shut' them out. Bring some repellant and buy Odomos cream when you get to India (inexpensive).
At night-- flight socks double up as good items to protect legs and ankles. The usual advice on long sleeves etc. helps but usually at least one will get inside!!!!
Old Dec 24th 2013, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat
There will be less mosquitoes in January than in summer season but they will still be around in Maharashtra, Goa and Karnataka coast, particularly if you are camping and can't 'shut' them out. Bring some repellant and buy Odomos cream when you get to India (inexpensive).
At night-- flight socks double up as good items to protect legs and ankles. The usual advice on long sleeves etc. helps but usually at least one will get inside!!!!
Cheers for the advice.

So they will be there just not in major numbers. That's fine, I can deal with that!

Already stocked up on repellent spray and wipes along with Odomos the miracle cream!
Old Dec 28th 2013, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Cheers for the advice.

So they will be there just not in major numbers. That's fine, I can deal with that!

Already stocked up on repellent spray and wipes along with Odomos the miracle cream!

Looked at your website, as I very interested in your Rickshaw Run 2014, but was a little surprised by some of the disparaging descriptions of the humble 'rickshaw'---- "Glorified Lawn mower"!!!!!
Millions of trips everyday are made in rickshaws, millions of Indian people make/have made a living out of rickshaw 'taxis'. They rarely break down if cared for. A new one costs equivalent of about £2000 and loans need to be taken out.
We use them every day for shopping and visiting when staying in our West coast home and very convenient just to step outside your gate and wait for an empty one to approach