Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Moving to Mumbai-best way to meet expats?

Moving to Mumbai-best way to meet expats?

Old Aug 21st 2014, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

miramar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Mumbai-best way to meet expats?

We are excited to be moving to Mumbai and want to know the best ways to meet expats?
My daughter will be going to an international school, don't know which one yet.

Are there any English speaking churches in Mumbai?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Aug 21st 2014, 1:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Mumbai-best way to meet expats?

Originally Posted by miramar
We are excited to be moving to Mumbai and want to know the best ways to meet expats?
My daughter will be going to an international school, don't know which one yet.

Are there any English speaking churches in Mumbai?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Where in Mumbai will you be staying? it is a large city. Sorry can't help regarding expats as we are 'inpats', but can find out about churches, if you give the area.
Old Aug 21st 2014, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bipat
Where in Mumbai will you be staying? it is a large city. Sorry can't help regarding expats as we are 'inpats', but can find out about churches, if you give the area.
We don't know yet where our apartment will be, the company will supply it. Can you suggest a good location?

I will have a driver so I can go across town to go to a church if you know of one spoken in English?

I really appreciate your help!
Old Aug 21st 2014, 3:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miramar
We don't know yet where our apartment will be, the company will supply it. Can you suggest a good location?

I will have a driver so I can go across town to go to a church if you know of one spoken in English?

I really appreciate your help!
Mumbai really is a vast city and you may well be placed in one of the suburbs. Obviously on a Sunday traffic is less, but it can still take a long time to get anywhere by road!!!
When you know where you will be working or living it will be easier to answer questions. Can you not ask your company for details? they must know which area of the city they are asking you to work in.
Old Aug 21st 2014, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bipat
Mumbai really is a vast city and you may well be placed in one of the suburbs. Obviously on a Sunday traffic is less, but it can still take a long time to get anywhere by road!!!
When you know where you will be working or living it will be easier to answer questions. Can you not ask your company for details? they must know which area of the city they are asking you to work in.
will do, thank you!
Old Aug 21st 2014, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

danbushell is an unknown quantity at this point

this link on the India Mike forum may be of use to you.
India Expat Area - India Travel Forum | IndiaMike.com