Moving to Chennai

Old Nov 8th 2011, 8:56 am
Just Joined

wolfman1877 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Chennai

Hi can anyone advise me on the best areas to live in Chennai. I will be moving there in Jan 12 and need an in site on areas and standards f accommodation. I am currently in the UK but have recently been in the mid-east.

I will be on single status and any advice on expat clubs activities, bars restaurants and social scene would be good.
Old Nov 8th 2011, 5:18 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Chennai

Originally Posted by wolfman1877
Hi can anyone advise me on the best areas to live in Chennai. I will be moving there in Jan 12 and need an in site on areas and standards f accommodation. I am currently in the UK but have recently been in the mid-east.

I will be on single status and any advice on expat clubs activities, bars restaurants and social scene would be good.
Hi Wolfman, welcome to BE - sorry I have no idea about Chennai, I hope one of our other members will be able to help you.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by noni
Hi Wolfman, welcome to BE - sorry I have no idea about Chennai, I hope one of our other members will be able to help you.
Hello, sorry you haven't had any useful info.
I know Chennai quite well as we have close relatives living in the T. Nager area. This area is great for shopping etc.
I don't have any knowledge of the expat scene though.
B
Old Nov 10th 2011, 7:09 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Wolfman

Welcome to BE from me too.

Unfortunately I can't add anything useful about the Chennai scene.
Goa is only a short flight away, and has a huge social scene so it may suit you to pop down there for the odd weekend ? The beer is cheaper in Goa too (if that's your thing)

All the best with your move

Dread - x
Old Nov 20th 2011, 9:37 am
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

have you tried the newcomers club and the Overseas Womens club of Madras They seem to have chaps in their picture!!
What about internations too if you have traveled elsewhere you will be familiar with them no doubt