Move to UK from India

Old May 4th 2015, 5:52 am
h.a
Just Joined

h.a is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Move to UK from India

Hi,

My Intro - I'm an Indian bachelor based in India and seeking to move to UK, my company is sponsoring me a tier 2 ICT/General visa to work for them in UK(VISA type not disclosed to me yet). I only have my mom staying with me in India and she is 58 and financially dependent on me.

Query:
As I understand Tier 2 general visa allows applicant to work in UK for about 5 year then the applicant has to come back to his/her home country for 1 year to reapply, is it correct?

I'd like to know is it possible to permanently move to UK from India, if yes, then how? How is it possible if I would like to permanently move to UK with my mom. Let me know all possible ways please.

And, what VISA my mom would require in this case?

thanks,
Old May 5th 2015, 9:11 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to UK from India

Hello

Well, you are actually posting in a forum for British Expats i.e. Brits who are moving from UK to elsewhere, so I'm not sure whether you'll find the answers you are looking for.

You may like to look in the Moving Back to the UK section of this forum. There is a visa section within that. Maybe someone might know the answers. You never know. Try this link below:
Moving back to the UK - British Expats
Old May 5th 2015, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to UK from India

Originally Posted by h.a
Hi,

My Intro - I'm an Indian bachelor based in India and seeking to move to UK, my company is sponsoring me a tier 2 ICT/General visa to work for them in UK(VISA type not disclosed to me yet). I only have my mom staying with me in India and she is 58 and financially dependent on me.

Query:
As I understand Tier 2 general visa allows applicant to work in UK for about 5 year then the applicant has to come back to his/her home country for 1 year to reapply, is it correct?

I'd like to know is it possible to permanently move to UK from India, if yes, then how? How is it possible if I would like to permanently move to UK with my mom. Let me know all possible ways please.
And, what VISA my mom would require in this case?

thanks,
I was waiting to see if anyone could give you an answer. You can find out all you need to know on the Indiamike Travel Forum, it has a section for Indian nationals.

For Citizens of India - Passport and Visa Questions - India Travel Forum | IndiaMike.com