Reload this Page >

Making suits in Mumbai / Pune

Making suits in Mumbai / Pune

Old Mar 15th 2014, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

sultanoflondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Making suits in Mumbai / Pune

Hi all,

I am going to Mumbai and Pune in the Summer of this year. I need to make a new suit, and I was wondering whether it would be cost effective to make it there, than in the UK. I have been there many times before and I know that you can get it made by a tailor there, possibly cheaper than getting an off-the-shelf suit in the UK.

What is the general consensus here?

Thanks!
Old Jun 28th 2014, 9:15 am
Just Joined

grandeur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Making suits in Mumbai / Pune

It all depends on the quality of stitch and fabric u opt for.. Raymond is a good company to balance cost and quality .. Cos if u GOTO a company store they will have inhousebtailors to get it stitched if its a Raymond material .. Ifbur okay with a bit more expensive .. Try kachins .. They have a store in Colaba and one in Bandra on hill road which I know of .. The first would charge 6000 stitching +material and katchin would charge closer to 9000 could vary a little depending on 2 or 3 piece .. Assume approx another 5-6 thousand on ffabric ... If u want a good one buy are not TOO picky .. Hope that helps