Indian Films

Old Oct 26th 2011, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Indian Films

As it is Diwali, I will start the 'ball rolling' with something Indian.

Anyone out there who likes the old classics. My favourite is Pather Panchali.

Lata or Asha who is your favourite, I go for Asha

Watching a modern 'melodrama' how to get out of the cinema without 'red eyes'
?stare at the ceiling for the last scene.
Old Dec 29th 2011, 6:03 am
Banned

schumannrober is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indian Films

But I like Lata mangeshkar, she was featured in the Guinness Book of World Records from 1974 to 1991 for having made the most recordings in the world.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 12:54 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Welcome to BE. Please join in the Goa thread, where there is more activity, I am sure you can tell us many things about India. Happy New Year.
Old Jan 6th 2012, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by schumannrober
But I like Lata mangeshkar, she was featured in the Guinness Book of World Records from 1974 to 1991 for having made the most recordings in the world.
They both have 'perfect pitch', I always find Asha more 'rounded' and versatile, but OH thinks Lata's early devotional Marathi songs so beautiful.
What do you think of Kishore Kumar ?? (another favourite oldie of mine)
Old Jan 8th 2012, 1:03 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Some close friends of mine who live in Goa are the direct descendants of one of the early Bollywood film directors who was a German fellow. They have many artifacts from early Bollywood movies, including soem film plates and thousands of photographs showing all the locations and old time actors and actresses set both on scene and off scene - it is an amazing historical collection from that era.
I felt very priveleged to be given a full showing - it was fascinating.

Dread - x
Old Jan 6th 2013, 6:31 pm
Just Joined

Bangkok is an unknown quantity at this point

I am avid collector of classic Bollywood music - have a huge collection from the 1930's to 1980's - don't much care any of the new movie soundtracks!
Would love to correspond with like minded members!

I also love collecting classic songs from Gujarati movies like Mendhi Rang Lagyo - Akhand Saubhagyawati - Satyavan Savitri - Mangal Fera - Kalapi -

I also have audio restoration studio for cleaning and archiving sound material which i enjoy using..

Last edited by Bangkok; Jan 6th 2013 at 6:36 pm.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

What about the fairly recent Hollywood musical about Subhas Chandra Bose ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subash_...ose_%28film%29

I think this one might be more to my taste

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netaji_...Forgotten_Hero

Last edited by scot47; Jan 28th 2013 at 10:38 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 6:05 am
Just Joined

pawan2013 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Cinema of India Has Had a Hard effect on cinema across universe since the early 20th century.Emotional and romanentic dramma is always basic theme of indian cinemas,i also love to see old indian movies like mother India,mughal e azam,and many more.
Old Feb 18th 2013, 9:18 am
Just Joined

ramanhold is an unknown quantity at this point

With the mixture of romance, fight and songs.. Indian movies are full of entertainment and no only this we get a lot of other great movies that has entirely change the mind wave in a good direction..
Old Jun 14th 2013, 10:13 am
Just Joined

flowerandy610 is an unknown quantity at this point

I mostly used my free time to watch Indian movies.. These movies are really full of entertainment with alot of fun,action,drama and emotions...
Old Oct 3rd 2013, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Anyone still in UK watching the Channel 4; 'Centenary of Indian Films'?
Vintage films shown (great contrast to modern 'efforts'!!!)

Last night, Mere Mehboob with the great playback singers including M.Rafi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agxjCItG7EM