Reload this Page >

Anyone in the Maldives?

Anyone in the Maldives?

Old Oct 12th 2011, 7:33 pm
Just Joined

babs9193 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in the Maldives?

Hello folks,

I'm relocating to gorgeous Maldives in a months time, from London UK, and hoping to form contacts with any British expats already there.

I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, but could not find one for the Maldives, and figured Goa was the closest :-)

Much appreciated,
Babs
Old Oct 12th 2011, 11:01 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in the Maldives?

Hi Babs

Welcome to the Goa forum.
I don't think there is a seperate forum for The Maldives, but I am sure some of our members will pop accross there from time to time. I certainly plan to - one day.
I am rather envious of you actually
Good luck with the move - and please do start a thread on here telling us all about life there, as lots of the members here are looking for other places to go in the area.

Hope to see you joining in some of the chats on here - after all you are only a short distance away so that makes you our neighbour.

All the best

Dread - x
Old Oct 13th 2011, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Hello Dread,

Lovely to hear from you, even though you are in Goa! You are really not far at all from the Maldives, and yes, I would definitely welcome contacts and visits from any fellow expats in Goa.

Will be going to the Maldives in mid-Nov, really looking forward to it. Happy to start a new Maldivian thread once I am there, and who knows, find other British Expats to contribute too.

Meanwhile, if you have any tips for me for the Maldives, or know anyone there, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Hope you are having a glorious time in Goa!

Babs
Old Oct 13th 2011, 7:56 am

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babs9193
Hello folks,

I'm relocating to gorgeous Maldives in a months time, from London UK, and hoping to form contacts with any British expats already there.

I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, but could not find one for the Maldives, and figured Goa was the closest :-)

Much appreciated,
Babs
Hi Babs,
Welcome to BE. Hope some of our members can help you.
Old Oct 13th 2011, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

Heidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really niceHeidigirl is just really nice

Hello folks,

Much appreciated,
Babs
Urgh! I've never been more jealous in my life!!!!

You lucky lady!

Hx
Old Oct 14th 2011, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

LauraPanda is just really niceLauraPanda is just really niceLauraPanda is just really niceLauraPanda is just really niceLauraPanda is just really niceLauraPanda is just really niceLauraPanda is just really niceLauraPanda is just really nice

I'm in the Maldives! Although we might just miss each other; I'm heading to Sri Lanka on Nov 22nd-Dec 1st, then back to the UK on Dec 3rd.

Are you coming out here to work on a resort? Which atoll?

I'm a teacher on a local island in Gaaf Alif. Very sad to be leaving, but my contract is running out and I can't afford another year out here unfortunately.

You'll love out here, although the culture shock at first does hit you.

Let me know if you have any questions x
Old Oct 15th 2011, 7:48 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone in the Maldives?

Hello folks,

Much appreciated,
Babs
Hi Babs, This is probably the wrong forum but let us know when you get there and we will come to the housewarming party. Try Locate at the Foreign Office as they should have a list of expats who have registered there.
Have fun Chris
Old Oct 15th 2011, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Hi Chris,

Great to hear from you!
Yes, house warming party definitely on the cards - keep the last weekend in November free
By Foreign Office, do you mean the one in London? I'm not terribly confident that they'll release names of expats in the Maldives simply to satisfy my social needs! Its worth a try, though.
Good to touch base with you, would love to keep in touch.

Regards,
Babs
Old Oct 15th 2011, 9:41 am
Banned

johnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond reputejohnny five has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chris,

Great to hear from you!
Yes, house warming party definitely on the cards - keep the last weekend in November free
By Foreign Office, do you mean the one in London? I'm not terribly confident that they'll release names of expats in the Maldives simply to satisfy my social needs! Its worth a try, though.

Regards,
Babs
Quite agree Babs, Data Protection Act and all that.

I would be furious if I was on that list!

Old Oct 15th 2011, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

chrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond reputechrisjolly has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone in the Maldives?

Hi Chris,

Great to hear from you!

Regards,
Babs
I agree they probably will not release the names of expats in the Maldives but they may help to find some for you..any organisations etc..you should register with them anyway..http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...g-safe/Locate/
All the best, Chris
Old Oct 15th 2011, 10:40 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chrisjolly
I agree they probably will not release the names of expats in the Maldives but they may help to find some for you..any organisations etc..you should register with them anyway..http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...g-safe/Locate/
All the best, Chris
Will do, Chris, thanks for the pointers Meanwhile, if you happen to think of anything else re Maldives, please let me know.
I presume you are in Goa?
Babs x