Washing Powder Woes

Old Nov 13th 2016, 11:30 pm
Just Joined

emmyj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Washing Powder Woes

Hi,

I'm travelling to Mumbai in December for 6 months. The accommodation I will be staying in has access to a washing machine. My issue is, I have very sensitive skin and at home can only use non-bio washing powder. My partner is already in Mumbai and has said that he is yet to see anything resembling this. Can anybody shed some light on the situation for me? What are your experiences? and what is the best powder to use in your opinion?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Emily
Old Nov 14th 2016, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Washing Powder Woes

Originally Posted by emmyj
Hi,

I'm travelling to Mumbai in December for 6 months. The accommodation I will be staying in has access to a washing machine. My issue is, I have very sensitive skin and at home can only use non-bio washing powder. My partner is already in Mumbai and has said that he is yet to see anything resembling this. Can anybody shed some light on the situation for me? What are your experiences? and what is the best powder to use in your opinion?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Emily
Hi Emily, I would have thought most brands, surf, tide Henko etc. are non-bio.
Ariel, certainly sells non-bio. Ask at the local supermarket, the ladies there will know, they can get it, Also available on line amazon etc.
Ariel also have a web-site

Personally I get whatever is on the shelves, but have the suspicion that all contain some bleach as clothes seem to lose colour, but maybe that is our local water.

Take some of your usual brand for immediate use. (Keep in original packet in check-in bag, so that it is not mistaken for cocaine!!!)
Old Nov 29th 2016, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

emmyj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Washing Powder Woes

Originally Posted by Bipat
Hi Emily, I would have thought most brands, surf, tide Henko etc. are non-bio.
Ariel, certainly sells non-bio. Ask at the local supermarket, the ladies there will know, they can get it, Also available on line amazon etc.
Ariel also have a web-site

Personally I get whatever is on the shelves, but have the suspicion that all contain some bleach as clothes seem to lose colour, but maybe that is our local water.

Take some of your usual brand for immediate use. (Keep in original packet in check-in bag, so that it is not mistaken for cocaine!!!)

thank you for your information regarding this. I have however now ordered some washing powder to where I am staying using the <snip> website. Thank you!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 30th 2016 at 12:23 pm. Reason: No need to mention the company name you bought it from - looks a bit spammy for a newbie, sorry!