Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Reliable Tour companies

Reliable Tour companies

Old Jan 24th 2019, 9:09 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reliable Tour companies

We are close to finalising plans for our return visit to India later this year.
We are in discussion with 3 local companies as well as a well know UK travel company., who subcontract to local providers.
The price difference between UK and local is as much as 50 % ,a saving not to be ignored.
The local companies are Indebo, India travel and tourism , and Nature Safari India.
All have pretty good " trustpilot, TripAdvisor " reviews but we would welcome any comments from those with first hand knowledge and suggestions of what to look out for.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 10:55 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Reliable Tour companies

Originally Posted by EMR
We are close to finalising plans for our return visit to India later this year.
We are in discussion with 3 local companies as well as a well know UK travel company., who subcontract to local providers.
The price difference between UK and local is as much as 50 % ,a saving not to be ignored.
The local companies are Indebo, India travel and tourism , and Nature Safari India.
All have pretty good " trustpilot, TripAdvisor " reviews but we would welcome any comments from those with first hand knowledge and suggestions of what to look out for.
Can't help with the companies you named, I used another one. I was very happy with the way the owner helped with our itinerary, the price was good and the driver was very skillful. Only thing I didn't like was the way our driver kept trying to take us to shop at places where he had a commission arrangement, even though I'd expressly told him that we weren't interested in shopping. Had to be quite blunt with him in the end, after which he pretty much ignored me and only spoke to my husband.

Happy to answer any specific questions you have about our tour, including company, price etc, either on here or via PM.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jan 24th 2019 at 11:22 am.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 1:12 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Can't help with the companies you named, I used another one. I was very happy with the way the owner helped with our itinerary, the price was good and the driver was very skillful. Only thing I didn't like was the way our driver kept trying to take us to shop at places where he had a commission arrangement, even though I'd expressly told him that we weren't interested in shopping. Had to be quite blunt with him in the end, after which he pretty much ignored me and only spoke to my husband.

Happy to answer any specific questions you have about our tour, including company, price etc, either on here or via PM.
Thanks for the post.
Even on a tour booked in the UK we had in India last year , we still had the same issue, far too much time spent in " selected " shops.
India is not alone in that.. .
Old Jan 24th 2019, 2:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Thanks for the post.
Even on a tour booked in the UK we had in India last year , we still had the same issue, far too much time spent in " selected " shops.
India is not alone in that.. .
The one I was most angry about was the last time he did it - he told us he was taking us to have a painting/art lesson by local artists. Of course it was no such thing, it was watching people paint pictures followed by the hard sell. I suppose he had to be more creative given my previous resistance I know that it's a common practice in many countries, which is why I had the discussion with him on the first day. Not that it did me any good.

In case you're interested in comparing prices, we paid 45,000 INR for car and driver for 15 days from Delhi. The company's rated #2 on Trip Adviser.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jan 24th 2019 at 2:20 pm.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 5:17 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
The one I was most angry about was the last time he did it - he told us he was taking us to have a painting/art lesson by local artists. Of course it was no such thing, it was watching people paint pictures followed by the hard sell. I suppose he had to be more creative given my previous resistance I know that it's a common practice in many countries, which is why I had the discussion with him on the first day. Not that it did me any good.

In case you're interested in comparing prices, we paid 45,000 INR for car and driver for 15 days from Delhi. The company's rated #2 on Trip Adviser.
Thank you ,
Price is in the mid price We have been quoted , will check out TA.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 5:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Thank you ,
Price is in the mid price We have been quoted , will check out TA.
You will get help from the IndiaMike site.
Click on 'Forums' and go to the site you want.

https://www.indiamike.com/