Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Eligibility date for ILR application

Eligibility date for ILR application

Old Aug 19th 2014, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

bobanonline is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Eligibility date for ILR application

I am staying and working on a Tier2 Visa in UK starting from 23.03.2010 and assume that I will be able to apply for ILR status by February/March of 2015 in the normal way.
Additional information is that I had a valid Tier1 visa issued in January 2009. When I applied for the Tier2 visa, as the employer demanded, I was issued Tier2, for which I had stayed back in UK and had applied from UK, my Tier1 visa was still valid and was not formally cancelled.
With my Tier1 visa, I was visiting UK on various occasions, during 2009/2010, attending interviews etc., many times staying in UK with friends for many days, including almost 2 months during the period of February/March 2010, when I applied for Tier2 visa, from within UK. Including all these days, starting from 11.10.2009 to 10.10.2010, I have spent more than 190 days in UK, even though I started Residing/working in UK permanently only in March 2010. My query is, will I be eligible to apply for ILR in September this year (2014), instead of February/March 2015.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by bobanonline; Aug 19th 2014 at 2:12 pm.