Reload this Page >

Couple just moved to Delhi

Couple just moved to Delhi

Old Sep 20th 2013, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

Benendley1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Couple just moved to Delhi

Hi there,

I have just moved to Delhi with my partner and as you might imagine we have loads of questions. It would be really helpful if we could get to know some other expats. Can any Delhiites advise whether there is much of a social scene?
Many thanks,

Ben & Rachel
Old Sep 21st 2013, 12:49 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Couple just moved to Delhi

Hi there....just to say to the forum.

As you can see, I am nowhere near Delhi so cannot help you at all. Lets hope we have some Delhi residents on here to help you out
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

munched has much to be proud ofmunched has much to be proud ofmunched has much to be proud ofmunched has much to be proud ofmunched has much to be proud ofmunched has much to be proud ofmunched has much to be proud ofmunched has much to be proud ofmunched has much to be proud ofmunched has much to be proud ofmunched has much to be proud of

Have stayed in Delhi for over 3 years. What are your questions and which part of Delhi are you staying?
Old Dec 18th 2013, 8:25 am
Just Joined

tejayasarapu is an unknown quantity at this point

welcome to forum.. i think i can answer Ur question because Delhi i stayed there for 1 year
Old Dec 18th 2013, 12:30 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tejayasarapu
welcome to forum.. i think i can answer Ur question because Delhi i stayed there for 1 year
Go on then...I'm sure the OP will be pleased with an answer.
Old Dec 23rd 2013, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

I am also in the process of moving to Delhi with my wife and seeking out the British Expat social scene, if it exists. It obviously does not exist on this forum but perhaps we can change this. Our first objective is to find accommodation:we are looking at areas such as Vasant Vihar and jor Burgh etc. But any advice on suitable/best areas for expats is welcome.
Old Jan 4th 2014, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

imdabs is an unknown quantity at this point

Even though I moved in recently but I have spent most of my childhood here so may be can help with few info.. but unfortunately social scene won't be one of them..
Old Feb 13th 2014, 8:54 am
Just Joined

White_Tiger11 is a glorious beacon of lightWhite_Tiger11 is a glorious beacon of lightWhite_Tiger11 is a glorious beacon of lightWhite_Tiger11 is a glorious beacon of lightWhite_Tiger11 is a glorious beacon of lightWhite_Tiger11 is a glorious beacon of lightWhite_Tiger11 is a glorious beacon of lightWhite_Tiger11 is a glorious beacon of lightWhite_Tiger11 is a glorious beacon of lightWhite_Tiger11 is a glorious beacon of lightWhite_Tiger11 is a glorious beacon of light

I have not lived in Delhi but my cousins have. From what I remember, people from Delhi are polite, very courteous, and so, if they are outgoing people, they will invite you. they are tamer than mumbaikers for example, more subdued especially in the Winter but with a strong influence of the Punjabi culture so love of good restaurants, lively music is there.

Flat hunting is very stressful, I know because I made the mistake of going first to real estate agents and as soon as they see you are a Desi who has lived abroad they will try and sell or rent you anything (and i mean anything) for a fortune.

My best advice is to look online and once you have selected your 5-6 flats you would be happy to move in go and negotiate with a close family member who might know the area (everyone has one of those "uncle ji´s" :-)

Check out Common Floor, Mitula, Housin... they are very good and have an excellent choice, good luck in Delhi.