Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Hyderabad need a nanny or housekeeper?

Anyone in Hyderabad need a nanny or housekeeper?

Old Jan 18th 2014, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

amy77 is a jewel in the roughamy77 is a jewel in the roughamy77 is a jewel in the roughamy77 is a jewel in the roughamy77 is a jewel in the rough
Default Anyone in Hyderabad need a nanny or housekeeper?

Just popped over from the Middle East boards - I live in Qatar. I have a wonderful part-time maid/nanny who also works in a British nursery school here. She is originally from Hyderabad in India, but has been working in Qatar for almost 20 years.

Due to the uniquely ridiculous ways of Qatar, she has to leave the country at the end of next month (February) as the ministry won't renew her residence permit. Perhaps it's her age (close to 60), perhaps it's just the racism here, we will never know.

She will have to go back to India, a situation she is absolutely dreading as she has no savings, from what I can gather, so she will struggle to survive back there, and her husband died a long time ago.

I promised her that I would help her try to find work. She really is an absolutely lovely lady, with tonnes of experience (worked for an American family for 9 years before us) and I totally 100% trust her with my 1 year-old twins, in a way I never thought I could. She is also very good at cleaning and cooking and generally organising the house and showing initiative.

If anyone in Hyderabad can offer her a position, please get in touch. I can give her an excellent reference, and so can the previous family (she is still in regular contact with them as she practically raised their kids and they still love her very much).

Many thanks.
Old Jan 19th 2014, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Hyderabad need a nanny or housekeeper?

Originally Posted by amy77
Just popped over from the Middle East boards - I live in Qatar. I have a wonderful part-time maid/nanny who also works in a British nursery school here. She is originally from Hyderabad in India, but has been working in Qatar for almost 20 years.

Due to the uniquely ridiculous ways of Qatar, she has to leave the country at the end of next month (February) as the ministry won't renew her residence permit. Perhaps it's her age (close to 60), perhaps it's just the racism here, we will never know.

She will have to go back to India, a situation she is absolutely dreading as she has no savings, from what I can gather, so she will struggle to survive back there, and her husband died a long time ago.

I promised her that I would help her try to find work. She really is an absolutely lovely lady, with tonnes of experience (worked for an American family for 9 years before us) and I totally 100% trust her with my 1 year-old twins, in a way I never thought I could. She is also very good at cleaning and cooking and generally organising the house and showing initiative.

If anyone in Hyderabad can offer her a position, please get in touch. I can give her an excellent reference, and so can the previous family (she is still in regular contact with them as she practically raised their kids and they still love her very much).

Many thanks.
With the rising middle class in India there will be so many who can afford and would be very keen to employ such an lady experienced in child care.
I would suggest that you put a post on the IndiaMike Hyderabad Forum you would more likely get a response.
B.
Old May 19th 2014, 9:26 am
Just Joined

sunsun2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Hyderabad need a nanny or housekeeper?

Hi Amy - I am an Indian moving to Hyderabad from London later this summer. I am looking for a nanny to look after my 4 year old daughter in Hyderabad, I am keen to get in touch with your nanny if she is still looking in Hyderabad. Can you please PM me her contact details.