Working permit & PR

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 12:46 pm
Andrew

Hi

We've submitted our PR application (last week).

There is also very good chance that my company may agree to transferring me to the
company's sydney office in the meantime & arrange a 4 year working permit. I understand
that I can still collect the PR visa when it turns up as long as I notify the case officer
and make sure that I collect it outside Australia.

I do have one question though:

Under the terms of the work permit that my company would arrange I can only work for them.
Once I have a PR visa in my hand, am I still bound by this commitment or can I work for
whoever is silly enough to employ me? I'd have no moral qualms about doing this as the
company are not going to pay any costs of me moving to Oz etc.

Any help appreciated!

Andrew

Old Feb 3rd 2001, 3:35 pm
JAJ

Hi Andrew

Once you have PR, there will be no restriction as far as DIMA are concerned on who you can
work for in Australia. As long as it's legal and you pay your taxes

You just need to be sure the company don't put any clause in your contract tying you to
them for a period.

Jeremy

>Under the terms of the work permit that my company would arrange I can only work for
>them. Once I have a PR visa in my hand, am I still bound by this commitment or can I work
>for whoever is silly enough to employ me? I'd have no moral qualms about doing this as
>the company are not going to pay any costs of me moving to Oz etc.
>
>Any help appreciated!
>
>Andrew