Working Holiday Visa

Old Nov 17th 2014, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

laura644 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Working Holiday Visa

Hi Mark

You would need to get your work experience assessed and see if this gives you enough points to apply (you need 60 at least) I don't know where you stand with not being qualified, I have literally just qualified and been waiting years to get to this point before I apply.

Here's the link for CPA, I have emailed them many times for help/advice and they are really helpful. Might be worth checking with them where you stand with your situation.

CPA Australia - Migration assessment

I have 30 points for my age, 20 points for IELTS score of 8+ (not got yet but sitting next week!) and 10 points for CIMA qualification. Assuming you are similar age if on WHV so could also get the 30 points for your age.

Just to clarify you need a positive skills assessment first, and to get this you need to have sat the IELTS test (CPA require the Academic version), if you get positive skills assessment you can submit EOI then hopefully be invited to apply for the visa.

I am in the UK and doing everything from here :-)
Old Nov 17th 2014, 9:53 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laura644
Hi Mark

You would need to get your work experience assessed and see if this gives you enough points to apply (you need 60 at least) I don't know where you stand with not being qualified, I have literally just qualified and been waiting years to get to this point before I apply.

Here's the link for CPA, I have emailed them many times for help/advice and they are really helpful. Might be worth checking with them where you stand with your situation.

CPA Australia - Migration assessment

I have 30 points for my age, 20 points for IELTS score of 8+ (not got yet but sitting next week!) and 10 points for CIMA qualification. Assuming you are similar age if on WHV so could also get the 30 points for your age.

Just to clarify you need a positive skills assessment first, and to get this you need to have sat the IELTS test (CPA require the Academic version), if you get positive skills assessment you can submit EOI then hopefully be invited to apply for the visa.

I am in the UK and doing everything from here :-)
There are also two other groups that can assess accountants - ICAA ( Migration assessment ) and IPA ( https://www.publicaccountants.org.au...us/immigration )
Old Nov 17th 2014, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

Marko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond reputeMarko86bfc has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I actually have a Accounting degree BA Hons and a Business Studies degree. As for professional qualifications, I have part completed CIMA. Since graduating university I have worked as a trainee and now Accountant both in the UK and Canada.

I guess I will take the IELTS and hopefully I will have enough to pass the skills assessment.

Is this a process which you have gone down yourself?
Old Nov 17th 2014, 10:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laura644
Hi Mark

For the accountant skills assessment, exam passes are required and experience will be no substitute for that. Points for work experience at irrelevant if the skills assessment cannot be passed. There is no need to get work experience assessed anyway, it is a pointless step and just a money spinner.

Fortunately OP has an accounting degree and the passes from that combined with some CIMA passes might be enough.