Work visa with criminal record

Old Oct 11th 2017, 11:08 am
Just Joined

Redemption is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work visa with criminal record

Hi guys,

My story goes a little like this. I moved to New Zealand two years ago, I spent 7 months amazing months there before tragedy struck. My dad had a major health scare and it was something that triggered my desire to move home. I was at a bar drinking when I got the call and like an absolute idiot got behind the wheel and drove home. I jumped two red lights on the way home and was pulled over by the cops outside my house. I was charged with EBA and also dangerous driving. That's two criminal convictions. I had zero criminal convictions in my home country. At the time, it didn't even matter to me. I was only focused on my dad and once he was better I started researching the impact of my convictions and realised just how majorly I had ****ed up. I was scheduled to fly home soon after my hearing so declined the opportunity by the duty lawyer at the time to at least fight the dangerous driving charge, she was moved by my story and understood that the circumstances dictated my actions to a certain degree. However, I wanted things done quickly and so just wanted to plead guilty in order to go home. I left NZ soon after and paid my fines on the day.

I have since been working back home and have had no further run-ins with the law. My job is on the skilled occupations list, I have a professional qualifications with CPA Australia and graduated from an Australian University. Things have settled down back home and I'd love nothing more than to give Australia a shot. Some of my closest friends work in the country and I visited it every other month when I was in NZ. Is there any chance at all that I'd get a work visa let alone an eventual PR? Is it worth my effort investing my time into this or should I just let it be? I have visited Australia since and each time declared my convictions instead of hiding it if that matters at all from a character perspective.

When this all initially happened I considered suicide because I am weak and couldn't bear to think of the opportunity I'd thrown away. I really don't want to give my self any false hope as I worry failure could send me down that path again. It was a horrible time for me and I don't ever want to feel that way again.
Old Oct 11th 2017, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

WRUSSELL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Work visa with criminal record

If you were only fined, you should be ok.
Be sure to declae the matter.
Had you not declared your conviction when incoming, that would have been enough to create a serious issue.
Old Oct 12th 2017, 1:04 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WRUSSELL
Had you not declared your conviction when incoming, that would have been enough to create a serious issue.
STOP POSTING IN BOLD!!!!!
Old Oct 12th 2017, 3:19 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
STOP POSTING IN BOLD!!!!!
Some misguided people do it to draw attention to themselves I believe..... they don't realise its just annoying, sad really
Old Oct 14th 2017, 12:12 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Redemption
Hi guys,

My story goes a little like this. I moved to New Zealand two years ago, I spent 7 months amazing months there before tragedy struck. My dad had a major health scare and it was something that triggered my desire to move home. I was at a bar drinking when I got the call and like an absolute idiot got behind the wheel and drove home. I jumped two red lights on the way home and was pulled over by the cops outside my house. I was charged with EBA and also dangerous driving. That's two criminal convictions. I had zero criminal convictions in my home country. At the time, it didn't even matter to me. I was only focused on my dad and once he was better I started researching the impact of my convictions and realised just how majorly I had ****ed up. I was scheduled to fly home soon after my hearing so declined the opportunity by the duty lawyer at the time to at least fight the dangerous driving charge, she was moved by my story and understood that the circumstances dictated my actions to a certain degree. However, I wanted things done quickly and so just wanted to plead guilty in order to go home. I left NZ soon after and paid my fines on the day.

I have since been working back home and have had no further run-ins with the law. My job is on the skilled occupations list, I have a professional qualifications with CPA Australia and graduated from an Australian University. Things have settled down back home and I'd love nothing more than to give Australia a shot. Some of my closest friends work in the country and I visited it every other month when I was in NZ. Is there any chance at all that I'd get a work visa let alone an eventual PR? Is it worth my effort investing my time into this or should I just let it be? I have visited Australia since and each time declared my convictions instead of hiding it if that matters at all from a character perspective.

When this all initially happened I considered suicide because I am weak and couldn't bear to think of the opportunity I'd thrown away. I really don't want to give my self any false hope as I worry failure could send me down that path again. It was a horrible time for me and I don't ever want to feel that way again.
You're being too hard on yourself. Your convictions won't stop you from getting any sort of visa to Australia. When you apply, just answer all questions truthfully, and others in similar circumstances have also included a brief outline of what led to the offence and what they've learned from this.

You made a mistake, you've paid the penalty, now it's onwards and upwards. Best of luck for the future
Old Oct 14th 2017, 12:19 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi. After having a look at your website, I'm interesting to learn the process by which your company arrived at the statement ' We have a reputation and success rate second to none'. I believe it's important to back up such statements with verifiable evidence. Thanks.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 12:50 am
Forum Regular

by:
Praveen Goyal
Executive Director
ME Alliance

<snip>

Last edited by old.sparkles; Oct 14th 2017 at 3:36 am. Reason: remove bold, delete quote - no link and not relevant
Old Oct 14th 2017, 1:31 am
Concierge

[B]by:
Praveen Goyal
Executive Director
ME Alliance

<snip>
Not sure if this post was a response to my question? If it was intended to be, I'm sorry but it didn't answer my question at all, and far from allaying any concerns I had, it has only served to intensify them.

DIBP do NOT 'group serious criminals in the same category as those with petty offences'. A 'bad financial history' can mean anything from fraud to theft. I challenge that anyone has been refused a visa solely based on a traffic fine.

Finally, your cut and paste article seems to say that DIBP views terrorism offences and speeding fines in the same light. That is untrue, offensive and, quite frankly, ridiculous.

Last edited by old.sparkles; Oct 14th 2017 at 3:36 am. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old Oct 14th 2017, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

Hi. After having a look at your website, I'm interesting to learn the process by which your company arrived at the statement ' We have a reputation and success rate second to none'. I believe it's important to back up such statements with verifiable evidence. Thanks

Over 15 years I have 100% positive outcomes in finalised: partner visa applications and in 410, 457, 445 and so on and so on. My refusals have been: one skilled visa refusal due to a work experience issue and one loss in the AAT from a DIY applicant who had stuffed up. All other review applications were wins in skilled, partner, carer, 485.

<snip>

and check this link for the relevant MRT case :
V04/01932 [2006] MRTA 148 (6 March 2006)

which is in the public domain, my other review applications were not published by the MRT and are therefore subject to the Code of Conduct client confidentiality requiremets as are the particulars all my other clients.

BTW
I have had several clients tell me I do not charge enough and send a gratuity.

If you want more, consult MR GOOGLE and if you find an adverse comment, please let me know.

Last edited by old.sparkles; Oct 14th 2017 at 3:38 am. Reason: Letter / Email snipped - irrelevant
Old Oct 14th 2017, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi. After having a look at your website, I'm interesting to learn the process by which your company arrived at the statement ' We have a reputation and success rate second to none'. I believe it's important to back up such statements with verifiable evidence. Thanks.
As a mod on two other similar forums, I have come across wrussel a LOT over the years and he is regarded as one of the best agents out there.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
As a mod on two other similar forums, I have come across wrussel a LOT over the years and he is regarded as one of the best agents out there.
Indeed.

If I had a tricky immigration application or needed to appeal a DIBP decision, Westly would be my first port of call.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 12:40 pm
Concierge

Over 15 years I have 100% positive outcomes in finalised: partner visa applications and in 410, 457, 445 and so on and so on. My refusals have been: one skilled visa refusal due to a work experience issue and one loss in the AAT from a DIY applicant who had stuffed up. All other review applications were wins in skilled, partner, carer, 485.

<snip>

and check this link for the relevant MRT case :
V04/01932 [2006] MRTA 148 (6 March 2006)

which is in the public domain, my other review applications were not published by the MRT and are therefore subject to the Code of Conduct client confidentiality requiremets as are the particulars all my other clients.

BTW
I have had several clients tell me I do not charge enough and send a gratuity.

If you want more, consult MR GOOGLE and if you find an adverse comment, please let me know.
Woah, all I asked for was the process by which your company arrived at its claim that it has the best success rate and reputation out of all MARA agents/businesses! Which wasn't answered, but never mind.

Many people who post on this section of the forum are desperate to find a visa pathway to Australia, and as such are vulnerable to marketing tactics. If a claim made by an migration agent or business seems extravagant or lacking verifiable evidence, I'll question it, every time. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and the agent/business always has the right of reply and the opportunity to back up their claims. Potential clients are then in a better position to make an informed choice.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Woah, all I asked for was the process by which your company arrived at its claim that it has the best success rate and reputation out of all MARA agents/businesses.
No such claim was made.
Old Oct 14th 2017, 11:09 pm
Concierge

No such claim was made.
Yes, such a claim was and continues to be made. One of the headers on the home page of your company's website, which your forum signature links to:

WE HAVE A REPUTATION AND A SUCCESS RATE SECOND TO NONE

I'm sorry that you've taken an adversarial/defensive approach to my simple enquiry. Notwithstanding this, such enquiries, and the responses received, are a useful resource to assist people with the due diligence process so necessary when choosing a migration agent. I wish you, your business and your clients all the best.