Willing to move to Australia.

Old Jul 11th 2016, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

archit1910 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Willing to move to Australia.

Hi All,

I'm new to the BE community and hoping to receive some genuine advice. I'm a candidate who has done a 2 year Diploma in Business Management from Manukau Institute of Technology, Manukau, New Zealand. (Level-6 according to NZQA). I'm presently 26 years of age. I'm willing to move to Australia and have been following the process from last few months online. My ANZCO code for my designated occupation is 131112 (Sales and Marketing Manager) under AIM.

I haven't actually started the process as I wanted to make sure if there is any scope for me in Adelaide as Sales and Marketing are never in shortage. My experience under designated occupation is 3 years and I'm currently single so unfortunately doesnt gain partner points.

I do have a valid IELTS score of 7 each and overall 7.5.

So as of now i've following points if I'm right and putting a note where I need advise

Experience: 5
Qualification: 10 (i'm hoping as I'm not sure if they count NZQA level 6 diploma)
English Language: 10 points.
State Nomination: What are my chances of gaining state nomination from Adelaide or Darwin or Tasmania and how long does it usually takes for someone to gain a state sponsorship letter ?

If i do gain a state sponsorship letter, my points tally will be 60, what are the chances of 60 points holder(s) under 131112.

Hope to hear from someone soon and appreciate your time & effort.

Kind regards,
Archit
Old Jul 11th 2016, 1:55 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Willing to move to Australia.

So New Zealand and Canada didn't work out?
Old Jul 11th 2016, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pulaski
So New Zealand and Canada didn't work out?

Hi Pulaski,

I left New zealand in 2013 because of visa issues since there were a lot of scams happening and unfortunately my firm switched minds to deal with immigration at last minute. I do have a blood brother living in Nz as a permanent resident but however, I can't apply for Nz migration since employers won't hire me from overseas. I prefer not to look Canada as an option.

Any help or advice about my request though ?? Though I have re-took Ielts to keep Australia as an option and have achieved 7 in each now but eventually my score tends to fall as only a benchmark figure of 60, does Australian immigration also have a method like INZ's pool system. 100-139 with job offer and 140+ automatic selection ?

Last edited by archit1910; Jul 11th 2016 at 2:04 pm. Reason: Add Ielts score
Old Jul 11th 2016, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

No way of knowing if you will secure sponsorship from SA, their website does indicate that there is high availability for this occupation though which is a good sign. Northern Territory and Tasmania are not sponsoring this occupation so I would say your chances of securing their sponsorship (as an off list) would be close to zero.

However you firstly need to secure a skills assessment. I do not believe your diploma is going to be enough and AIMS are renowned for being very difficult to pass.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
No way of knowing if you will secure sponsorship from SA, their website does indicate that there is high availability for this occupation though which is a good sign. Northern Territory and Tasmania are not sponsoring this occupation so I would say your chances of securing their sponsorship (as an off list) would be close to zero.

However you firstly need to secure a skills assessment. I do not believe your diploma is going to be enough and AIMS are renowned for being very difficult to pass.
Hey mate,

Thanks for the info, could you please tell if I file in only for Adelaide (SA) and not for Tasmania or North Australia does this do any good ?
And if I do score 60, is it OK enough to gain a visa ? Let's just say I receive the sponsorship too ?

Moreover, does AIM also object or hard to the work exp and qualification gained in Nz even ?
Old Jul 11th 2016, 5:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by archit1910
Hey mate,

Thanks for the info, could you please tell if I file in only for Adelaide (SA) and not for Tasmania or North Australia does this do any good ?
And if I do score 60, is it OK enough to gain a visa ? Let's just say I receive the sponsorship too ?

Moreover, does AIM also object or hard to the work exp and qualification gained in Nz even ?
Did you read my earlier post? NT and Tasmania are not sponsoring this occupation. Skills assessment should be your priority. And I do not appreciate being addressed as "mate". I have never met you, I am not your "mate" and I am female.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Did you read my earlier post? NT and Tasmania are not sponsoring this occupation. Skills assessment should be your priority. And I do not appreciate being addressed as "mate". I have never met you, I am not your "mate" and I am female.
I think it's one step removed from being called 'Dear'
Old Jul 11th 2016, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I think it's one step removed from being called 'Dear'
Maybe I intended to write "Hi there".
Yes , I understand that skill assessment should be my priority but since no one has answered the following :

Having 60 points is enough to secure a visa or is it just a benchmark to get in and never get selected ?
Old Jul 11th 2016, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes , I understand that skill assessment should be my priority but since no one has answered the following :

Having 60 points is enough to secure a visa or is it just a benchmark to get in and never get selected ?
Yes the points threshold is 60, this is very clear. I don't really understand why this is even a question.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well try to get into the habit of saying "Hi there" then rather than "Hey mate" especially when dealing with women.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Well try to get into the habit of saying "Hi there" then rather than "Hey mate" especially when dealing with women.
Probably will ! Any tips or key points to keep in mind while preparing documentation for AIM assessment please or maybe what are the areas where they really focus on ?

This shall hopefully be my last question before filing :-)
Old Jul 11th 2016, 6:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

At least until he reaches Australia, and then he can even refer to good friends as "cobber".

Last edited by Pulaski; Jul 11th 2016 at 6:29 pm.
Old Jul 11th 2016, 11:18 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Probably will ! Any tips or key points to keep in mind while preparing documentation for AIM assessment please or maybe what are the areas where they really focus on ?

I don't believe you will meet the criteria for this occupation.

The occupation is skill level 1 requiring a degree although it does say you may be able to substitute relevant experience / on the job training - 1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition, Revision 1

However, the AIM requirements will be much harder to meet - Criteria for a Manager for the Purpose of Migration | Australian Institute of Management
Old Jul 12th 2016, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

rammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond reputerammygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I would look at other classifications on the list, unless you are a senior manager with two tiers of management below you you will not pass AIM assessment.

Look at the duties rather than the title to see if they fit with what you do. Even if you are a manager it doesn't matter if you can fit the job title to get the visa. There are other sales and marketing occupations on the list.

I was a senior Operational Manager with only the Top person above me to answer to, but I only had one tier of management below me so despite having responsibility for a multi million pound budget and over 50 staff and 10 managers I would not have passed the AIM criteria. We came on husbands experience in the end.
Old Jul 12th 2016, 4:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Again, I don't believe you will qualify. You should read up on their criteria before you worry about preparing documents.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.