Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Why Non-Migrating Dependants Information is required for 189 VISA?

Why Non-Migrating Dependants Information is required for 189 VISA?

Old Feb 10th 2016, 9:36 am
Just Joined

sameuropean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why Non-Migrating Dependants Information is required for 189 VISA?

Hi.

Why Non-Migrating Dependants Information is required by DIBP for 189 VISA?

Thanks & Best Regards,
SAM.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 10:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Non-Migrating Dependants Information is required for 189 VISA?

Originally Posted by sameuropean
Hi.

Why Non-Migrating Dependants Information is required by DIBP for 189 VISA?

Thanks & Best Regards,
SAM.
Because at some later date you may want your dependents (partner/children) to join you in Australia, and so DIBP wish to know about their character and health in case they later submit Spouse or Child Visas.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 11:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Because at some later date you may want your dependents (partner/children) to join you in Australia, and so DIBP wish to know about their character and health in case they later submit Spouse or Child Visas.
I have deposited my fee only for 189 VISA outside Australia. What additional fee I need to deposit for 2 dependants and when to deposit?
Old Feb 10th 2016, 12:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I have deposited my fee only for 189 VISA outside Australia. What additional fee I need to deposit for 2 dependants and when to deposit?
If they are non migrating then there isn't a fee.

Who are these dependants and why are they not migrating though?
Old Feb 10th 2016, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

Because in 189 application I mentioned my brother & sister are not migrating with me as I am not settled yet in Australia. I want them to migrate but not at this time but later when I will be in Australia. Will I be applying again for them when I will be in Australia or what will happen now?
Old Feb 10th 2016, 1:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Because in 189 application I mentioned my brother & sister are not migrating with me as I am not settled yet in Australia. I want them to migrate but not at this time but later when I will be in Australia. Will I be applying again for them when I will be in Australia or what will happen now?
Well this plan is not going to work.

If your brother and sister are dependent upon you then they need to be on your appplication now. If you move without them, then clearly they can manage without you and hence they are not dependent. There is no brother / sister visa for you to apply for later either.

Why do you say ey are dependent upon you anyway? Where are your parents? How old are they?
Old Feb 10th 2016, 1:35 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

"Dependant" does not equal "relative".

It would be rare for a sibling to be a dependent and I doubt it is possible unless the sibling is either a minor and an orphan, or disabled to the point where they can't live independently.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Well this plan is not going to work.

If your brother and sister are dependent upon you then they need to be on your appplication now. If you move without them, then clearly they can manage without you and hence they are not dependent. There is no brother / sister visa for you to apply for later either.

Why do you say ey are dependent upon you anyway? Where are your parents? How old are they?
They are included in my application as Non-Migrating dependants & will migrate in future because I am financially supporting them for food,clothes etc after my parents demise. I can move without them by giving them amount to spend until I am settled in Australia. Actually, my query is can my dependant be migrating based on my current 189 Visa application or some other Visa ( e.g. 115?)
Old Feb 10th 2016, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

They are included in my application as Non-Migrating dependants & will migrate in future because I am financially supporting them for food,clothes etc after my parents demise. I can move without them by giving them amount to spend until I am settled in Australia. Actually, my query is can my dependant be migrating based on my current 189 Visa application or some other Visa ( e.g. 115?)
Actually your first question was why to immigration want any information and then you asked about fees. Do you now have a new question, if so what is it?

Back to my earlier point, if they are dependent they need to go on your application as migrating dependents and get the same visa as you and the plan should be to move when you do.

Leaving them behind demonstrates that they are perfectly capable of looking after themselves and are not dependent upon you, you can carry on sending them money if you wanted to. And as I mention there is no visa available for you to later sponsor a brother and sister on.

The visa you mentioned, the last remaining relative takes 56 (fifty six) years to be granted and in any case as the are two of them they are not the last remaining relative and so do not qualify.

If your siblings are under age and your parents have deceased then you have a good chance of getting them a 189 visa when you get your own. But you MUST put them down as migrating dependeents.

Can you clarify how old the siblings are please? It is pretty important to the discussion.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Actually your first question was why to immigration want any information and then you asked about fees. Do you now have a new question, if so what is it?

Back to my earlier point, if they are dependent they need to go on your application as migrating dependents and get the same visa as you and the plan should be to move when you do.

Leaving them behind demonstrates that they are perfectly capable of looking after themselves and are not dependent upon you, you can carry on sending them money if you wanted to. And as I mention there is no visa available for you to later sponsor a brother and sister on.

The visa you mentioned, the last remaining relative takes 56 (fifty six) years to be granted and in any case as the are two of them they are not the last remaining relative and so do not qualify.

If your siblings are under age and your parents have deceased then you have a good chance of getting them a 189 visa when you get your own. But you MUST put them down as migrating dependants.

Can you clarify how old the siblings are please? It is pretty important to the discussion.
First point: my case is in progress & they requested 47A dependant forms for my 32 & 39 year dependants as they cannot work in my country due to various reasons. My queries are now:

1- How can I add them in dependant migrants at this stage as previously I added them as Non-Migrating dependants? ( I mentioned in application that no migrating family members included in this application) & What will be the fee for them?

2- If I don't add them at this time, how can I get them to Australia when I will be there in Australia? ( Cannot I call them by referring DIBP the same VISA 189 which I was granted?)
Old Feb 10th 2016, 10:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

First point: my case is in progress & they requested 47A dependant forms for my 32 & 39 year dependants as they cannot work in my country due to various reasons. My queries are now:

1- How can I add them in dependant migrants at this stage as previously I added them as Non-Migrating dependants? ( I mentioned in application that no migrating family members included in this application) & What will be the fee for them?

2- If I don't add them at this time, how can I get them to Australia when I will be there in Australia? ( Cannot I call them by referring DIBP the same VISA 189 which I was granted?)
Your 32 and 39 year old siblings cannot possibly be considered as your dependents unless they are severely disabled. In this case they will not probably not pass a medical in which case all of you are declined for the visa.

If they are not severely disabled, then they are not your dependents. They are adults and need to apply for their own visas.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 6:11 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Bermudashorts is right. There's no way DIBP will accept them as dependent unless they are both disabled enough to depend on you. If that's the case, then they are extremely unlikely to pass a medical.

Regarding your question about whether you can just contact DIBP & ask them to give them the same visa that you would have - the answer is no. That isn't how it works. If you wanted them to have the same visa, they would have to be on the same application as you - but you can't put them on your application because of the reasons already listed.

If they want to migrate to Australia, they will need to apply for a visa themselves.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 6:32 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Bermudashorts is right. There's no way DIBP will accept them as dependent unless they are both disabled enough to depend on you. If that's the case, then they are extremely unlikely to pass a medical.

Regarding your question about whether you can just contact DIBP & ask them to give them the same visa that you would have - the answer is no. That isn't how it works. If you wanted them to have the same visa, they would have to be on the same application as you - but you can't put them on your application because of the reasons already listed.

If they want to migrate to Australia, they will need to apply for a visa themselves.
Kindly assist me in understanding the following queries:

1- When can my 2 dependents migrate to Australia based on this current application?
2- When will I pay their fee & what is fee for my 2 dependants for this 189 Visa?
3- What is process of their migration?
4- How much time will it take to process this complete application?
Old Feb 11th 2016, 6:37 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Kindly assist me in understanding the following queries:

1- When can my 2 dependents migrate to Australia based on this current application? They can't.
2- When will I pay their fee & what is fee for my 2 dependants for this 189 Visa? Since they can't migrate using this application, there won't be a fee for them.
3- What is process of their migration? They will need to apply for skilled migration themselves. They could always study in Australia, but that costs a lot of money, and there's no guarantee of being able to progress to residency afterwards.
4- How much time will it take to process this complete application? How long is a piece of string?
Answers in red.
Old Feb 11th 2016, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76
Answers in red.
Thanks all for your valuable feedback. Kindly answer my last query that is what is fee for a dependant for 189 VISA?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.