British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   Why do they need SO MUCH information? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/why-do-they-need-so-much-information-905582/)

ozzieeagle Nov 12th 2017 5:31 pm

Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12380399)

I am NOT illegal. Please stop saying that. And please stop posting on my threads. Your 'advice' is not helpful.

You don't own the thread love ;)

No forum I know of works that way.

It's an open forum thus everyone that contributes has a share.

It's for others to get information from as well as you and the contributors. Thus when someone replies they are also thinking about any potential non-contributing reader of the posts on that particular topic.

From a form filling perspective, it is an interesting topic, hence it's getting a fair bit of attention.

LaLaLayla Nov 12th 2017 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 12380476)
It's for others to get information from as well as you and the contributors. Thus when someone replies they are also thinking about any potential non-contributing reader of the posts on that particular topic.

Precisely. And if the information given is not true, then that could also impact other people. It is simply not true to say that it is illegal to come to Aus on a Tourist Visa with the intention of applying for a Spouse Visa. No provision has been made for people already married in the same way as non-married, i.e. Intended Spouse Visa, so the only way they can come is on a Tourist Visa.

I was told that on this forum 7 years ago and it stopped me applying meaning that I spent another 7 years in Dubai when we could have been living here. People trust forums such as these so it's important that - if you assert something as true - that it is indeed true.

LaLaLayla Nov 12th 2017 11:39 pm

So we received our first bit of good news today: I spoke to the Citizenship Dept who told me that my son's Citizenship had been approved and the Excerpt of Citizenship by Descent will be posted out within the next few days.

I asked her about the photographs and she said that as we had been here less than 4 months, that they would have asked for someone from our previous country to do it anyway. This is in direct contradiction to what the last lady told me, but never mind.

Interestingly, we are still waiting for the Excerpt of Citizenship by Descent for my daughter which we applied for in Dubai 5 years ago.

So to all of you asking why I didn't apply for my Spouse Visa from Dubai... well, there's your answer.

spouse of scouse Nov 12th 2017 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12380584)
Precisely. And if the information given is not true, then that could also impact other people. It is simply not true to say that it is illegal to come to Aus on a Tourist Visa with the intention of applying for a Spouse Visa. No provision has been made for people already married in the same way as non-married, i.e. Intended Spouse Visa, so the only way they can come is on a Tourist Visa.

I was told that on this forum 7 years ago and it stopped me applying meaning that I spent another 7 years in Dubai when we could have been living here. People trust forums such as these so it's important that - if you assert something as true - that it is indeed true.

Well I for one am over your drama queen antics. According to you, everyone else is responsible for your current predicament, everyone except you.

It's DIBP's fault that you're in Australia without work rights, because they don't have an application category to suit you - except they do, you just chose not to utilise it.

Someone on British Expats told you something 7 years ago, so it's their fault that you put yours and your family's lives on hold and didn't move to Australia then - have you even read the site rules?

God knows whose fault it is that you didn't sort out your childrens' passports long ago, but it certainly isn't your fault is it?

And then you have the unmitigated gall to throw a tantrum when a poster who's been nothing but helpful to you dares to suggest that you've made life hard for yourself. As for 'stop posting on my threads' - says it all really, about your sense of entitlement.

As an aside, how did you go with the medical for your spouse visa application? I ask because a few years ago, while you were calling another poster a 'tosser', you said that you had a very serious life-limiting condition, and the medication for that costs GBP£1,500 per month. Unless your condition has gone away, as I hope it has, you should be doing some research into health waivers as you may require one.

That's about it I think. Good luck with your application, and please do try to be a bit nicer to people you expect to help you :)

LaLaLayla Nov 13th 2017 12:02 am

That's not true at all, I just don't want anybody else to be misled by inaccurate advice. Given how hard it is to get through to Immigration, forums like this are often the only resource for people looking to emigrate. It is therefore important that advice stated as fact is accurate.

moneypenny20 Nov 13th 2017 12:10 am

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12380619)
That's not true at all, I just don't want anybody else to be misled by inaccurate advice. Given how hard it is to get through to Immigration, forums like this are often the only resource for people looking to emigrate. It is therefore important that advice stated as fact is accurate.

Which piece of information that you've received is incorrect?

mrsgreenstar76 Nov 13th 2017 12:12 am

Okay, enough with the bickering. No-one has the right to tell another poster to stop posting on the threads. If there is an issue, then report it to the mods, and we can have a look at it.

If the bickering continues, I'll lock the thread.

Pollyana Nov 13th 2017 12:16 am

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12380584)

I would never tell anyone it is illegal to apply onshore for a spouse visa after arriving as a tourist. Because it is not illegal It is not advisable, and there is a matter of intent. Married people have the option to apply offshore, the same as unmarried people do, and many many peple on here have done that.

IIRC correctly you were advised by the forum to ensure that you applied for the spouse visa before your tourist visa expired, in order to get the bridging visa you wanted, with work permissions.

I know that the majority of people on here have far more experience and knowledge than I do when it comes to spouse visas, and immigration in general, so its of no matter whether I post on your threads or not, just ignore me. if you don't like my information. Its a free forum so I shall just keep rambling on and you -- like all the thousands before you will just have to ignore me. It might be of interest to you (if you are still reading) to know that I actually looked to see if I could pm you yesterday, to try and help personally with the issue of signing stuff for your son's citizenship/passport, but no matter. I'm sure others are far more able to assist.

Good luck with your visa journey. I have better threads to post on.

LaLaLayla Nov 13th 2017 12:22 am

@Pollyanna, just to clarify, it is extremely difficult to apply for a Spouse Visa offshore whilst living the UAE. I do not know anybody who has had success applying from there. As an example, we are still waiting for confirmation of my daughter's Citizenship which we applied for in the UAE, 5 years ago.

I did apply for my Spouse Visa before my Tourist Visa expired. That is not why I didn't get Permission to Work.

LaLaLayla Nov 13th 2017 12:41 am

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 (Post 12380622)
Okay, enough with the bickering. No-one has the right to tell another poster to stop posting on the threads. If there is an issue, then report it to the mods, and we can have a look at it.

If the bickering continues, I'll lock the thread.

I have reported one of the posts on this thread, but nothing has happened. I would rather you deleted the entire thread as it is causing me a lot of anguish in an already stressful situation. Thank you.

mrsgreenstar76 Nov 13th 2017 12:50 am

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12380640)
I have reported one of the posts on this thread, but nothing has happened. I would rather you deleted the entire thread as it is causing me a lot of anguish in an already stressful situation. Thank you.

The post has been seen. Reporting posts of concern is important, but you need to be aware that no action will be taken if there is no issue with the post. The issue that I have taken exception to is the bickering, in that post, and others. Hence the comment about no more bickering.

Pollyana Nov 13th 2017 12:55 am

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12380627)
@Pollyanna,

Ths is not twitter.

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12380627)

just to clarify, it is extremely difficult to apply for a Spouse Visa offshore whilst living the UAE. I do not know anybody who has had success applying from there. As an example, we are still waiting for confirmation of my daughter's Citizenship which we applied for in the UAE, 5 years ago.

I did apply for my Spouse Visa before my Tourist Visa expired. That is not why I didn't get Permission to Work.

You applied the day before it expired.When you had been gaining advice and information since 2009 do you not think that was a bit chancy? If they do not look at it in those few hoursyou enter a world of hurt.

However. I have looked at your posts and I have been telling you about the issue of intent (ot legality) when entering on tourist to apply for spouse onshore ever since your first post. As always I went out of my way to help to the best of my ability.
Enough already. Leaving the building.

Dorothy Nov 13th 2017 12:56 am

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12380640)

If FREE advice is causing so much anguish, might I suggest you engage the services of a MARA registered migration agent instead? They can give you all the information you need to lodge an application with none of the "unhelpful" or "untrue" facts the very generous posters here have provided.

You might want to try being a little more grateful for the many people on this site who have taken the time to help you with your problems (which were created by yourself!), rather than being so abrasive in your replies.

On that note I shall unsubscribe from this thread. Good luck with your journey. I have a feeling you're going to need it.

LaLaLayla Nov 13th 2017 1:01 am

Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 (Post 12380644)
Reporting posts of concern is important, but you need to be aware that no action will be taken if there is no issue with the post.

There is an issue with the post; please kindly remove it. In fact, I again ask you to delete the thread. Thank you.

mrsgreenstar76 Nov 13th 2017 1:07 am

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla (Post 12380651)
There is an issue with the post; please kindly remove it. In fact, I again ask you to delete the thread. Thank you.

No. The thread, minus the squabbles, may be useful to other posters. The thread & post stay. It is not BE policy to delete threads, etc., unless absolutely necessary.