Why do they need SO MUCH information?

Old Nov 11th 2017, 9:55 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?

Neither the paper Form 47SP nor Form 40SP ask for anything other than previous marriages or de facto partners. The online Form 47SP does ask "Has the applicant been in any previous relationships with persons other than the sponsor?" but if you click on the help symbol it provides the following definition:

Previous relationships

For the sponsor

Give the name and details of any person the sponsor was in a committed relationship with, including marriages and same or opposite sex de facto relationships.

For the applicant

Give the name and details of any person the applicant was in a committed relationship with, including marriages and same or opposite sex de facto relationships.​
As mentioned DIBP doesn't care about one night stands, Tinder dates, university boyfriends or anyone else other than someone you were previously married to or in a de facto relationship with, 'de facto' being defined as living together in a relationship akin to marriage for at least twelve months.

Originally Posted by LaLaLayla
Thanks Pollyanna. I am finding it all incredibly hard. It's not just the Spouse Visa, it's my son's Citizenship as well. His school are getting quite heavy with us, but there's nothing we can do. The Citizenship people have requested that an Australian national with a professional job signs the back of his passport photos, but we don't know any! They have to have known him for a while.

We asked his school teacher from Dubai to sign them, and sent those in, but they won't accept them. Now the Citizenship department are ignoring our emails. If we don't get it sorted soon, we're gonna get a massive bill from the school for fees which we are not in a position to pay.

With me not working (another nasty surprise, not getting a bridging visa that allows me to work), we're gonna have to consider going home.
For children aged six and over the person signing your son's identity declaration needs to be an Australian citizen, in a specified profession or occupation, who has known your son for at least a year. Had you applied from the UAE before you left then an UAE citizen could also have completed the form. If your son was under six years old then they also wouldn't have to known him for at least a year.

Did you receive a new Evidence of Australian Citizenship certificate for your daughter?
Old Nov 11th 2017, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, I get that. I was obviously being facetious in my example. Nonetheless, it does seem unnecessarily intrusive.
If you have an aversion to mind numbing, time wasting bureaucracy and needless grubberment intrusions, Oz definitely isn't your happy place.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
For children aged six and over the person signing your son's identity declaration needs to be an Australian citizen, in a specified profession or occupation, who has known your son for at least a year. Had you applied from the UAE before you left then an UAE citizen could also have completed the form.

Did you receive a new Evidence of Australian Citizenship certificate for your daughter?
It's unfortunate that we don't know anybody like that.

No, not yet.
Old Nov 11th 2017, 11:49 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

For children aged six and over the person signing your son's identity declaration needs to be an Australian citizen, in a specified profession or occupation, who has known your son for at least a year. Had you applied from the UAE before you left then an UAE citizen could also have completed the form. If your son was under six years old then they also wouldn't have to known him for at least a year.

Surely taking all relevant documentation to a JP would work?
Old Nov 12th 2017, 12:19 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

No, not yet.
I presume your husband is Australian - he really doesn't know any professional Australian citizens anywhere in the world whatsoever?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Surely taking all relevant documentation to a JP would work?
Unfortunately not.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 5:48 am
BE Forum Addict

LaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond reputeLaLaLayla has a reputation beyond repute

I presume your husband is Australian - he really doesn't know any professional Australian citizens anywhere in the world whatsoever?
None that know our son.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 5:49 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

No, not yet.
I hate to say it, but if you had gone about this the right way and sorted their citizenship before moving, as well as sorting your own visabefore you became unlawful here without permission to work, life would be a lot simpler now.

I'm genuinely not having a dig at you, but trying to make the point for others who come after you.......
Old Nov 12th 2017, 5:49 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
If you have an aversion to mind numbing, time wasting bureaucracy and needless grubberment intrusions, Oz definitely isn't your happy place.
oh so true!!
Old Nov 12th 2017, 6:02 am
Home and Happy

I;ev discovered that some of the most unlikely people are JPs, s its worth the OP investigating all her husbands friends and asscoiates!

As an extra point - she has already submitted her initial application for the spouse visa, and (it seems finally) paid for it a few weeks back - how long would they give her to submit 40SP (or the online equivalent) as this thread initially says she is only just completing it now for her husband to sign?
I'm only accustomed to the old paper application when 40SP and 47SP were forms that had to be submitted at the start of the process.
She has enough problems already without being caught out by submitting forms late......
Old Nov 12th 2017, 8:24 am

Talking Re: Why do they need SO MUCH information?

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I;ev discovered that some of the most unlikely people are JPs, s its worth the OP investigating all her husbands friends and asscoiates!

As an extra point - she has already submitted her initial application for the spouse visa, and (it seems finally) paid for it a few weeks back - how long would they give her to submit 40SP (or the online equivalent) as this thread initially says she is only just completing it now for her husband to sign?
I'm only accustomed to the old paper application when 40SP and 47SP were forms that had to be submitted at the start of the process.
She has enough problems already without being caught out by submitting forms late......
Well, you don't sign online applications. I presume the OP has applied online? If so then Form 40SP needs to be completed by the sponsor via their own ImmiAccount after the application has been submitted and then linked to the application via its TRN.

In terms of timing it is, of course, advisable to do these as soon as possible but given current processing times for onshore partner applications it's unlikely that any case officer will even be looking at it for at least a year.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

I hate to say it, but if you had gone about this the right way and sorted their citizenship before moving, as well as sorting your own visabefore you became unlawful here without permission to work, life would be a lot simpler now.

I'm genuinely not having a dig at you, but trying to make the point for others who come after you.......
You are having a dig, and if I remember rightly you did the same last time I was looking at moving to Australia. I did not come here unlawfully, in spite of what you seem to enjoy telling everybody, it is perfectly acceptable to come here on a Tourist Visa to subsequently apply for a Spouse Visa. I was unexpectedly made redundant from my job in Dubai a few months ago so did not have the luxury of living in Dubai for an extended period of time whilst they sorted out my Spouse Visa and son's Citizenship from offshore.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 9:35 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

You are having a dig, and if I remember rightly you did the same last time I was looking at moving to Australia. I did not come here unlawfully, in spite of what you seem to enjoy telling everybody, it is perfectly acceptable to come here on a Tourist Visa to subsequently apply for a Spouse Visa. I was unexpectedly made redundant from my job in Dubai a few months ago so did not have the luxury of living in Dubai for an extended period of time whilst they sorted out my Spouse Visa and son's Citizenship from offshore.
No it's not - tourist visas are for tourists, and are expected to leave the country. If you came expecting to have a holiday, got made redundant while here, so then decided to apply for your spouse visa that would probably be acceptable.

I must say I don't understand why you had to leave when you lost your job - isn't your husband in Dubai?
Old Nov 12th 2017, 9:45 am

Whilst you may have not been able to sort your spouse visa before coming onshore your children's citizenship could be sorted out years ago. Your son is certainly by now unlawful and your daughter will very likely be marked in the system by DIBP as unlawful despite being an Australian citizen as she entered on a visitor visa. I appreciate you are in a stressful situation and it's natural to be defensive but accepting a modicum of responsibility in this regard would go a long way given you are expecting fellow posters to help you get out of this bind.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 9:53 am
Home and Happy

Don't assume you know my mind better than I do. I do not have a dig at posters in tricky positions.
I am actually very sympathetic as you are clearly trying to sort out citizenship and spouse visa issues alone, and while I do not intend to tell you all the reasons WHY I feel sympathetic, as they are not for public consumption, that sympathy is there all the same. That is also why I have continued to try and help - for instance by asking BiP today about the timeline for submitting the 40SP - which you now know does not have to be signed - that fact alone must make things easier with your OH offshore.

It is indeed legal to arrive on a tourist visa, with the intent of being a tourist, and change one's mind once onshore, and I have told more than a dozen posters that in my time.
What is not quite so sensible is your own route - arriving on a tourist visa with the clear intent of applying onshore for a 820/801. Bringing 2 children who should have travelled as Aussies but instead were holding visas - thus creating you problems further down the line. AND waiting until the very last moment to apply for the 820/801 with the result that you ended up on a bridging visa with no work rights because you became illegal.

If you honestly believe that someone who has tried to explain at length such things as the term 'relationship', and the reasons why DIBP need the details of your previous relationships, along with all the info on previous threads, is just 'having a dig' then I am at a loss to know how to actually provide any help and support in the future.

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 12th 2017 at 9:58 am.
Old Nov 12th 2017, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

What is not quite so sensible is your own route - arriving on a tourist visa with the clear intent of applying onshore for a 820/801. Bringing 2 children who should have travelled as Aussies but instead were holding visas - thus creating you problems further down the line. AND waiting until the very last moment to apply for the 820/801 with the result that you ended up on a bridging visa with no work rights because you became illegal
For a start, how do you know what my intention was? It was actually to spend some time in the country before I committed to staying, having never lived here before. If it wasn't working out I would have returned to London.

It would have taken me about a year to sort out my son's Citizenship from Dubai.

I was told by the Immigration Agent that I had to wait until my Tourist Visa was about to expire before I submitted my application for the Spouse Visa. As it happens, I applied a couple of days before.

I am NOT illegal. Please stop saying that. And please stop posting on my threads. Your 'advice' is not helpful.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.