WHV (Subclass 417) + HIV infection

Old Jun 5th 2013, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

moo1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WHV (Subclass 417) + HIV infection

The hospital rang me. They are still having difficulty finding my TRN on eHealth. They will contact the Australian High Commission in London to find out why I can't get the forms and why they can't find my TRN. They are also confused why I been asked for a health examination for a temporary visa.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 6:58 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moo1982
The hospital rang me. They are still having difficulty finding my TRN on eHealth. They will contact the Australian High Commission in London to find out why I can't get the forms and why they can't find my TRN. They are also confused why I been asked for a health examination for a temporary visa.
You have been asked for one because presumably you were honest when you applied and ticked Yes to HIV. That instantly flags the need for a medical.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You have been asked for one because presumably you were honest when you applied and ticked Yes to HIV. That instantly flags the need for a medical.
Yep very likely. To be honest I couldn't really lie about it. Last thing I want is customs asking 20 questions about my ARV meds. A quick search for "Atripla" on Google will insistantly will disclose my status. Im sure DIAC aren't going to be too pleased about it.

I'll get there at the end. One final question.
Is there difference in the medical examinations at the accredited hospitals? I have found another one in Manchester for £50 cheaper (£230). However they did state they couldnt really state the final price as they dont know what tests etc will be needed. The one I booked in for is at the Spire Hospital which charges £280. To be fair to Spire Hospital they seem to doing all the legwork in finding out why they couldnt locate my TRN.

Last edited by moo1982; Jun 5th 2013 at 7:49 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Jun 11th 2013, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

I finally sorted out the issue booking out my medical. They have found my TRN on eMedical. It turns out I only need a Xray so the good news it not going to cost me too much.

I also found out the issue whats breaking things with my application. I didnt put down my first name on the visa application. I just put down my initial
Yes I know its a stupid mistake to do. So a warning to all of you double and triple check your application before submitting it. That will explain why DIAC wanted a copy of the bio page of my UK Passport.

However I encoutered another problem
When I click on the link on the eVisa webpage to download the health forms. I get an error message on eMedical which states "Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later."
I have been trying all day but not been successful. The hospital mentioned its likely there might be an issue with eMedical and to try again in a day or two time. Has anyone else encoutered this issue?

Anyway I have emailed the case offiicer at DIAC with a screenshot. Im hoping she can sort this out for me.

Last edited by moo1982; Jun 11th 2013 at 10:08 pm. Reason: more info
Old Aug 8th 2013, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

After having my medical exam done and submitted to DIAC at the end of June.
The following email appeared in my inbox this morning :P

Visa Grant Notification Application for Subclass 417 - Working Holiday (Temporary) (Class TZ) visa

Dear XXXXX XXXX

RE: Application for Subclass 417 - Working Holiday (Temporary) (Class TZ) visa

This is to advise that you have been granted a Working Holiday Visa, Subclass 417, on 08 August 2013.

This letter contains important information about this visa.

VISA GRANT NUMBER
The visa grant number is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. This is the unique number assigned to the visa. You should keep this visa grant number with you, as you may have to provide it to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) during the life of the visa.

VISA INFORMATION
This visa allows you to make your initial entry into Australia no later than 12 months from the date that the visa was granted. Your initial entry into Australia must not be after 08 August 2014

Now the hard work of saving up starts. Im planning to go May or June 2014. I would like to express my thanks of the other forum members on british expats for the advice before and during my examination. Especially to Tiawanna (RM Agent) who provided me excellent advice. A thank you card is in the post for you.

Last edited by moo1982; Aug 8th 2013 at 4:52 pm. Reason: editing
Old Aug 8th 2013, 5:02 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Visa Grant Notification Application for Subclass 417 - Working Holiday (Temporary) (Class TZ) visa

Dear XXXXX XXXX

This is to advise that you have been granted a Working Holiday Visa, Subclass 417, on 08 August 2013.

VISA GRANT NUMBER
The visa grant number is XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. This is the unique number assigned to the visa. You should keep this visa grant number with you, as you may have to provide it to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) during the life of the visa.

VISA INFORMATION
This visa allows you to make your initial entry into Australia no later than 12 months from the date that the visa was granted. Your initial entry into Australia must not be after 08 August 2014

Now the hard work of saving up starts. Im planning to go May or June 2014. I would like to express my thanks of the other forum members on british expats for the advice before and during my examination. Especially to Tiawanna (RM Agent) who provided me excellent advice. A thank you card is in the post for you.
Excellent news for you!!

And thanks for reporting back with the result, could be very useful for others in the same position

Enjoy your trip!
Old Aug 8th 2013, 6:01 pm

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Dear XXXXX XXXX

VISA GRANT NUMBER

VISA INFORMATION

Congratulations!

I hope you have a great time in Australia!
Old Aug 8th 2013, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

TeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond reputeTeeTMI has a reputation beyond repute

Dear XXXXX XXXX

VISA GRANT NUMBER

VISA INFORMATION

Thank you Moo, I am so pleased it worked out for you and that you got your visa.

I hope you enjoy your working holiday in Australia :-)

Tee
Old Aug 8th 2013, 11:34 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Dear XXXXX XXXX

VISA GRANT NUMBER

VISA INFORMATION

Congratulations Moo - I hope you have a great time
Old Aug 9th 2013, 3:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, have a great time xx
Old Aug 15th 2013, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TeeTMI
Thank you Moo, I am so pleased it worked out for you and that you got your visa.

I hope you enjoy your working holiday in Australia :-)

Tee
A thank you card is in the post for you.