who applying 457 thread

Old Aug 3rd 2007, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

oldhampom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who applying 457 thread

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Welcome to the best place on the web. I started on here about 6 weeks ago, now its like an old friend.

Yes at first its a very hard decision, but now we are in to the process there's no way I'm going back. Although I'm doing an intra-company transfer from our UK office to Sydney office (I work for a Japanese company), its like Oz office have nicked me.

Actually, we had a director over from Japan this week, and he almost begged me to stop at the UK office. No Way!

All I want now is my 457 - it seams to be taking about 8 weeks at the moment though some are quicker and some are much longer.
Yep, know you're right, but the temp visa, lose your job, 28 days thing really worries me.
I'm going to work for a company who've taken a couple of guys from my place in UK over the last couple of years, so I'm reasonably confident things'll work out ok.
I'm getting relocation, free apartment until I find somewhere to live, medical etc, but its still...

Last edited by oldhampom; Aug 3rd 2007 at 10:11 pm.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 10:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldhampom
Yep, know you're right, but the temp visa, lose your job, 28 days thing really worries me.
I'm going to work for a company who've taken a couple of guys from my place in UK over the last couple of years, so I'm reasonably confident things'll work out ok.
I'm getting relocation, free apartment until I find somewhere to live, medical etc, but its still...
hi

were are you going??? and welcome to the thread.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 10:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the best place on the web. I started on here about 6 weeks ago, now its like an old friend.

Yes at first its a very hard decision, but now we are in to the process there's no way I'm going back. Although I'm doing an intra-company transfer from our UK office to Sydney office (I work for a Japanese company), its like Oz office have nicked me.

Actually, we had a director over from Japan this week, and he almost begged me to stop at the UK office. No Way!

All I want now is my 457 - it seams to be taking about 8 weeks at the moment though some are quicker and some are much longer.
and yr like my best mate roger!!!!
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

We are going away this weekend just to see/talk about something different than beeping Oz. The family has a caravan in Yorkshire Dales
Thats where I've just been for a week, had a great time but only able to visit BE a few times (on my mums laptop), didn't want to upset her too much Tried to delete my search history but then she asked what I was on and I couldnt lie . She does know we're going but I dont like rubbing her nose in it :unsure.

Anyway, been reading the thread, hi, to all the new 457'ers . Just checked 'my status' and it says "being processed further" .

Got meds on monday, so I'll let you know how it goes. Hope we dont get refused on my weight after all the food I've eaten this week

Tiff, any more news on husbands job yet?
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by midwife2be
Thats where I've just been for a week, had a great time but only able to visit BE a few times (on my mums laptop), didn't want to upset her too much Tried to delete my search history but then she asked what I was on and I couldnt lie . She does know we're going but I dont like rubbing her nose in it :unsure.

Anyway, been reading the thread, hi, to all the new 457'ers . Just checked 'my status' and it says "being processed further" .

Got meds on monday, so I'll let you know how it goes. Hope we dont get refused on my weight after all the food I've eaten this week

Tiff, any more news on husbands job yet?

hi j

wanting for company to put in visa should be next week!

been given

$20,000 more for job

full relocation package

flights 20ft container etc house for 3 months a relocation expert in perth

will do fully perm visa after 2 yrs if we want!!!

all good things come to those that wait some one once said to me oh that was you!!!!

and i have waited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

want us in perth end of october !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love tiff
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:47 am

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

We went for meds on 15 may we've been here for a week!

Good luck!

Carmel
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by carmele
We went for meds on 15 may we've been here for a week!

Good luck!

Carmel

what was yr time line???
Old Aug 4th 2007, 10:13 am

We were catapulted here! There was no year timeline! We loosley discussed it in January'07 , seriously considered it in february '07 went on holiday for the latter part of April '07 and decided to book ourt meds upon our return, got the meds for middle of may, visa was acepted, in the meantime the house was on the market and it all came out in the wash!

Was very quick for us, we were lucky we know!

What about yourselves?
Carmel
Old Aug 4th 2007, 10:17 am
BE Forum Addict

We were catapulted here! There was no year timeline! We loosley discussed it in January'07 , seriously considered it in february '07 went on holiday for the latter part of April '07 and decided to book ourt meds upon our return, got the meds for middle of may, visa was acepted, in the meantime the house was on the market and it all came out in the wash!

Was very quick for us, we were lucky we know!

What about yourselves?
Carmel
are u on a 457???
Old Aug 4th 2007, 10:20 am

yep indeedy!
x
Old Aug 4th 2007, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

how are you enjoying oz??

how long did it take u to get visa and then go??

we are going to be doing it in 3 weeks madness!!!
Old Aug 4th 2007, 10:39 am

Just got a rental and a suitable school and pre school for the boys.

We have spent the last 7 days in the car for 9 hours a day to find the above but it has paid off! Spent a small fotune on toys to overcompensate for the boys being stuck in the car They're only 5 and 4 (next week!) but we can breathe a sigh of relief now!

Just got to buy a car now and register with medicare / medibank etc so making headway!

Think visa came on about 6 june (not too sure ) We sent our stuff about 4 weeks later?

Good luck with the 3 week turn around! Anything is possible!

Carmel
x
Old Aug 4th 2007, 10:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Just got a rental and a suitable school and pre school for the boys.

We have spent the last 7 days in the car for 9 hours a day to find the above but it has paid off! Spent a small fotune on toys to overcompensate for the boys being stuck in the car They're only 5 and 4 (next week!) but we can breathe a sigh of relief now!

Just got to buy a car now and register with medicare / medibank etc so making headway!

Think visa came on about 6 june (not too sure ) We sent our stuff about 4 weeks later?

Good luck with the 3 week turn around! Anything is possible!

Carmel
x

whats the pre school like??? our oldest will be 4 when we get out to oz???

what days do they do etc???
Old Aug 4th 2007, 9:12 pm
Maizie

Maizie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
whats the pre school like??? our oldest will be 4 when we get out to oz???

what days do they do etc???
Hey Shazza,
Heading to the Sunshine Coast. Where are you of to??
I have had medicals done and x rays at the end of June requested to do so by the recruitment agency, so just hope it all gets tied up once I apply for visa.
Bye for now
May
Old Aug 4th 2007, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

oldhampom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
hi

were are you going??? and welcome to the thread.
Cheers Hitchcock

Going to work for a company based in Artarmon, Sydney.
Can't afford to buy a house anywhere near there, but hoping to get something about 45 mins away for a reasonable price.

The speed of this 457 thing is terrifying, 6 - 8 weeks the company lawyer reckons, but I've got to give 3 months notice from my current job, which gives me a little more breathing space.
Still its not a lot of time to sell up and move the family is it, must admit I'm having a few "moments" when I consider chickening out.....must hold my nerve

David

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.