Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

When to undertake Medical for 190. Please help

When to undertake Medical for 190. Please help

Old Jun 25th 2015, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

ashftc89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When to undertake Medical for 190. Please help

Hello Guys,

My name is Muhammad. Me and my wife has applied for 190 visa two days ago. We are based and are from Pakistan. I want to know as we have lodged our visa, when should we book our appointments and undertake our health examinations. We have already updated our details at e-Medical and got our referral letters. We want to get it done before the CO asks for it so that it can save us time. However, I came across a document named "Arranging a Health Examination" in which it says:

When to arrange your health examinations

I have already lodged my Australian visa application

You will be advised by email or by your case officer what health examinations you need to do (if any). You will then be requested to complete these examinations within a certain time period. Please wait until your visa case officer contacts you, do not use the My Health Declarations service if you have already lodged a visa application. It will delay processing of your visa application.
Note: To minimise processing delays, you should complete your required health examinations as soon as possible after your case officer has advised you to do so.

So is it wise that we should wait until our CO is assigned and then ask for our medical or should we get our appointment and get done with our medical beforehand.
Old Jun 25th 2015, 4:48 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When to undertake Medical for 190. Please help

Originally Posted by ashftc89
Hello Guys,

My name is Muhammad. Me and my wife has applied for 190 visa two days ago. We are based and are from Pakistan. I want to know as we have lodged our visa, when should we book our appointments and undertake our health examinations. We have already updated our details at e-Medical and got our referral letters. We want to get it done before the CO asks for it so that it can save us time. However, I came across a document named "Arranging a Health Examination" in which it says:

When to arrange your health examinations

I have already lodged my Australian visa application

You will be advised by email or by your case officer what health examinations you need to do (if any). You will then be requested to complete these examinations within a certain time period. Please wait until your visa case officer contacts you, do not use the My Health Declarations service if you have already lodged a visa application. It will delay processing of your visa application.
Note: To minimise processing delays, you should complete your required health examinations as soon as possible after your case officer has advised you to do so.

So is it wise that we should wait until our CO is assigned and then ask for our medical or should we get our appointment and get done with our medical beforehand.
Do what they ask, wait for them to ask you for the medicals otherwise you run the risk of their validity running out before the time.
Old Jun 26th 2015, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

But wouldn't it be more time consuming like to wait for the assigning of CO first, which we don't know how long will it take and then undergoing health examinations after he will asks for it? Medical validity is one year if I am not wrong.
Old Jun 26th 2015, 11:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, medicals are valid for 1 year. It will not slow your process down by waiting for the request as if you submit early, they won't look at it until they were due to anyway. The big issue is you are from a high risk country and security checks can take a very long time. For example, on another forum, a British applicant - low risk country - is in the 7th month of waiting for a 457 because he went and worked for a period in a high risk country.
Old Jun 27th 2015, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

shaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond reputeshaw86 has a reputation beyond repute

No harm in waiting for your case officer to be appointed. When we got our medicals done they were uploaded into the system 2 days later by our doctor. Having them done early wont save you much time and as verystormy has said you may wait some time for your case officer to be appointed, and you don't want the medicals expiring as taking them twice would be very costly.
Old Jun 27th 2015, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you BE mates. You have been of a great help, like always Will take your advice on board
Old Jul 9th 2015, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Default To undertake or to wait for the Medical

Hello BE stars,

My name is Muhammad. Me and my gorgeous wife applied for the visa on 23rd June. I have a question with respect to our medical. On border website I have read that either we should do our medical before lodging the visa or once the visa is lodged and VAC is paid, then we should wait for the medicals until the CO asks for it.

"I have already lodged my Australian visa application

Note: To minimise processing delays, you should complete your required health examinations as soon as possible after your case officer has advised you to do so."

Where as my immi account says the following message:

"Health requirement – examinations required
This person is required to complete health examinations for this visa application. Click on the link below to organise these health examinations.
Organise your health examinations.

Help on Organise your health examinations

Once this person's health examinations results have been assessed by the department this page will be updated to reflect this.
Note: If this person does not complete the required health examinations the visa application can be refused."

Please suggest us what should we do?

Regards

Muhammad.

Last edited by ashftc89; Jul 9th 2015 at 5:04 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2015, 10:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To undertake or to wait for the Medical

The case officer will contact you when it is time to do the medicals. Do though keep an eye on your email spam folder.
Old Jul 10th 2015, 1:55 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To undertake or to wait for the Medical

Hello BE stars,

My name is Muhammad. Me and my gorgeous wife applied for the visa on 23rd June. I have a question with respect to our medical. On border website I have read that either we should do our medical before lodging the visa or once the visa is lodged and VAC is paid, then we should wait for the medicals until the CO asks for it.

"I have already lodged my Australian visa application

Note: To minimise processing delays, you should complete your required health examinations as soon as possible after your case officer has advised you to do so."

Where as my immi account says the following message:

"Health requirement – examinations required
This person is required to complete health examinations for this visa application. Click on the link below to organise these health examinations.
Organise your health examinations.

Help on Organise your health examinations

Once this person's health examinations results have been assessed by the department this page will be updated to reflect this.
Note: If this person does not complete the required health examinations the visa application can be refused."

Please suggest us what should we do?

Regards

Muhammad.
Answers do not generally change because you ask the question again. If you are not happy with the answers given you do not have to follow any advice given.

I understand the wait is frustrating, all you can do is be patient.
Old Jul 13th 2015, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

I ask the question again because I came across new information and I was pretty explicit with that. We ask here because if someone can advise us or share their experience and not what we want to hear actually and I completely understand that. I don't mind waiting but was just concerned to find out if it's not an unnecessary one.
Old Jul 13th 2015, 9:00 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

I ask the question again because I came across new information and I was pretty explicit with that. We ask here because if someone can advise us or share their experience and not what we want to hear actually and I completely understand that. I don't mind waiting but was just concerned to find out if it's not an unnecessary one.
If you wait until asked by CO for PCC and medical, you have the longest period of time to organise your validation trip / move as both are only valid for 12 months.

If you have already arranged PCC then there is little use waiting to do medicals as you will have already started the clock ticking I think. As long as you are aware that you only have 12 months from the date of PCC / medical (whichever was the earliest) to enter Australia then all is good.

I am not sure of how long the wait is for 190 visa for those from high risk countries, but the usual advice is to wait until asked - that is the advice you have read on the DIBP website, and the advice given here. You knew in advance that the visa would require medicals, and you will not get a visa without a satisfactory medical, so not sure why seeing that on you immi account is new to you. I do know the whole process is unnerving and frustrating at times so do understand your concerns. If you are still worried, you can always take advice from a MARA agent to see if they can offer any alternative view