Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old Nov 24th 2012, 12:10 pm   #1
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 105
dilruk336 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What option is better (Visa 189/190/489)...

hi all,

If I get the skill assessment as a Computer System and Network Engineer (263111) which resides in Schedule 1 and score 65 points (Without Partner Skills and State Sponsorship) which option I should select.

Go for

1) Visa 189 ( 65 Marks)
2) Visa 190 (If get a state sponsorship marks will be 70)
3) Visa 489 - Designated Area (if First cousin sponsor me marks will be 75)

Which option have the better chance to migrate and obtain the PR ?
I eagerly waiting for your expertise responses.

Regards
dilruk336 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24th 2012, 12:25 pm   #2
Moderator
 
mrsgreenstar76's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
Posts: 3,275
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What option is better (Visa 189/190/489)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilruk336 View Post
hi all,

If I get the skill assessment as a Computer System and Network Engineer (263111) which resides in Schedule 1 and score 65 points (Without Partner Skills and State Sponsorship) which option I should select.

Go for

1) Visa 189 ( 65 Marks)
2) Visa 190 (If get a state sponsorship marks will be 70)
3) Visa 489 - Designated Area (if First cousin sponsor me marks will be 75)

Which option have the better chance to migrate and obtain the PR ?
I eagerly waiting for your expertise responses.

Regards
The 189 & 190 are PR visas, so you would have that immediately (if granted). The 489 is provisional, but if you fulfil the requirements, you can apply for the 887 (which is PR). Family sponsorship isn't as high a priority as state sponsored or independent.
__________________
"You can't rewrite history. Not one line." - The Doctor.

(The Doctor's obviously not heard about mod powers then! )
mrsgreenstar76 is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2012, 12:10 am   #3
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 105
dilruk336 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What option is better (Visa 189/190/489)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgreenstar76 View Post
The 189 & 190 are PR visas, so you would have that immediately (if granted). The 489 is provisional, but if you fulfil the requirements, you can apply for the 887 (which is PR). Family sponsorship isn't as high a priority as state sponsored or independent.
hi all,

Thanks for the rely made. With having 65 marks in visa 189 is there any possibilty of obtainning a invitation ?

I mean that they are inviting to person who having highes marks. so marks 65 enough ?

Is there any one who obtained a invitation with having 65 marks ?

Thanks
dilruk336 is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2012, 12:27 am   #4
Moderator
 
mrsgreenstar76's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
Posts: 3,275
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What option is better (Visa 189/190/489)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilruk336 View Post
hi all,

Thanks for the rely made. With having 65 marks in visa 189 is there any possibilty of obtainning a invitation ?

I mean that they are inviting to person who having highes marks. so marks 65 enough ?

Is there any one who obtained a invitation with having 65 marks ?

Thanks
Meeting the minimum score is no guarantee of an invite, with the exception of if you obtain state sponsorship. That being said, people with sixty five points have been invited. I suggest you read the SkillSelect reports. You should choose most appropriate visa for you, not the one that is most likely to get you there quicker. Remember that there are obligations with both the 489 and 190. The 190, you must live & work in the state for two years to fulfil your sponsorship obligations. The 489, you must live & work in a regional area for the duration of the visa. If you went for state sponsorship with the 489 instead of the 190 (although why you'd do that would be a mystery), you would also have the aforementioned obligations to the state too. After the minimum period, you can apply for the 887 & you'd be able to go where you like then.
__________________
"You can't rewrite history. Not one line." - The Doctor.

(The Doctor's obviously not heard about mod powers then! )
mrsgreenstar76 is offline  
Closed Thread

Go Back   British Expats / Living & Moving Abroad / Australia / Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


 

All times are GMT. The time now is 5:54 am.


Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1999-2010 BritishExpats.com