We've got it

Old Feb 7th 2001, 12:09 pm
marise

Dear all

The anxiety and nail biting is finally over with our PR visa's for Oz stamped in our
passports this morning. And I cannot stop smiling ever since!!

Well I remember getting onto this posting some many months back with a vague question as
to 'how long...' and to think that now its finally happened. A big thank you to all for
your help with answers (that really mattered at certain times), this site is indeed a
great comfort to potential migrants though all due to the people who suscribe to it!

As a brief guide to those whose visa's are in various stages of the application process,
this is how our's went;

April 17, 2000 - Submitted papers to VETASSESS for assessment of skills June 14, 2000 -
Received positive reply from VETASSESS July 24, 2000 - Lodged PR Independent Skilled with
Embassy in Athens August 16, 2000 - Received File Number Nov 14, 2000 - Received papers
for Medical Tests & Police Clearance Dec 8, 2000 - Received 'No change of Status Ltr' -
signed & sent back Feb 7, 2001 - PR STAMPED ON PASSPORTS

Good luck to everyone!

Marise

Old Feb 7th 2001, 2:44 pm
AC

Well done Marise!

We'll see you there, having gotten ours in December.

Which office did you apply through?

AC

> Dear all
>
> The anxiety and nail biting is finally over with our PR visa's for Oz stamped in our
> passports this morning. And I cannot stop smiling ever since!!
>
> Well I remember getting onto this posting some many months back with a vague question as
> to 'how long...' and to think that now its finally happened. A big thank you to all for
> your help with answers (that really mattered at certain times), this site is indeed a
> great comfort to potential migrants though all due to the people who suscribe to it!
>
> As a brief guide to those whose visa's are in various stages of the application process,
> this is how our's went;
>
> April 17, 2000 - Submitted papers to VETASSESS for assessment of skills June 14, 2000 -
> Received positive reply from VETASSESS July 24, 2000 - Lodged PR Independent Skilled
> with Embassy in Athens August 16, 2000 - Received File Number Nov 14, 2000 - Received
> papers for Medical Tests & Police Clearance Dec 8, 2000 - Received 'No change of Status
> Ltr' - signed & sent back Feb 7, 2001 - PR STAMPED ON PASSPORTS
>
> Good luck to everyone!
>
> Marise

Old Feb 7th 2001, 3:23 pm
Kevon Alyeen

Congratulations Marise!

And AC, I believe she applied thru the DIMA office in Athens.

/Kevon

> Well done Marise!
>
> We'll see you there, having gotten ours in December.
>
> Which office did you apply through?
>
>
>
> AC

> > Dear all
> >
> > The anxiety and nail biting is finally over with our PR visa's for Oz stamped in our
> > passports this morning. And I cannot stop smiling ever since!!
> >
> > Well I remember getting onto this posting some many months back with a vague question
> > as to 'how long...' and to think that now its finally happened. A big thank you to all
> > for your help with answers (that really mattered at certain times), this site is
> > indeed a great comfort to potential migrants though all due to the people who suscribe
> > to it!
> >
> > As a brief guide to those whose visa's are in various stages of the application
> > process, this is how our's went;
> >
> > April 17, 2000 - Submitted papers to VETASSESS for assessment of skills June 14, 2000
> > - Received positive reply from VETASSESS July 24, 2000 - Lodged PR Independent Skilled
> > with Embassy in Athens August 16, 2000 - Received File Number Nov 14, 2000 - Received
> > papers for Medical Tests & Police Clearance Dec 8, 2000 - Received 'No change of
> > Status Ltr' - signed & sent back Feb 7, 2001 - PR STAMPED ON PASSPORTS
> >
> > Good luck to everyone!
> >
> > Marise
> >
> >

Old Feb 7th 2001, 9:01 pm
Paul & Pat Stuttard

Congratulations !!! Marise,

We've lodged our paper to DIMA in Athens as well. I believe we're at the final stage of
being granted the visa, as our medical test results an police clearance documents were
sent back to Athens two weeks ago. Just have to wait now.....so hard to stop counting each
day that passed since then. Well, based from your case summary, does that mean you had to
wait for approx. 2 months after sending in the medical+police document until the visa
granted ??

Regards,

Pat Stuttard

> Dear all
>
> The anxiety and nail biting is finally over with our PR visa's for Oz stamped in our
>
> Well I remember getting onto this posting some many months back with a vague question as
> to 'how long...' and to think that now its finally happened. A big thank you to all for
> your help with answers (that really mattered at certain times), this site is indeed a
> great comfort to potential migrants though all due to the people who suscribe to it!
>
> As a brief guide to those whose visa's are in various stages of the application process,
>
> April 17, 2000 - Submitted papers to VETASSESS for assessment of skills June 14, 2000 -
> Received positive reply from VETASSESS July 24, 2000 - Lodged PR Independent Skilled
> with Embassy in Athens August 16, 2000 - Received File Number Nov 14, 2000 - Received
> papers for Medical Tests & Police Clearance Dec 8, 2000 - Received 'No change of Status
>
> Good luck to everyone!
>
> Marise

Old Feb 7th 2001, 9:40 pm
Russell Driver

Congratulations ,It is worth all the stress! Enjoy your new life in Oz!

Russell

--
auSEElife Run by migrants -for migrants Lot 11 Penneys Rise Onkaparinga Hills SA 5163 ICQ
91486130 Yahoo Messenger russ1926 Fax +61 8 8186 1538

> Dear all
>
>
>
>
>
> Good luck to everyone!
>
> Marise

Old Feb 8th 2001, 3:44 am
marise

Hi Pat,

Well you don't really have a long wait from now!! We sent back our medicals,police
clearance etc on November 26, 2000 and DIMA sent back letter dated December 8, 2000 saying
'visa's approved in principle but sign and send back stating that our circumstances
haven't changed.' This letter delayed things as we were celebrating christmas away and got
it only on Jan 15, 2001 on our return. Our final visa approval letter was then dated
January 17, 2001. Well from our experience I would think the Athens post works really
super as we progressed to each stage so quickly without any delays from their side. Good
luck and let us know once you'll get it!

Marise

In article <[email protected] .au>,

> Congratulations !!! Marise,
>
> We've lodged our paper to DIMA in Athens as well. I believe we're at
the
> final stage of being granted the visa, as our medical test results an
police
> clearance documents were sent back to Athens two weeks ago. Just
have to
> wait now.....so hard to stop counting each day that passed since then. Well, based from
> your case summary, does that mean you had to wait for approx. 2 months after sending in
> the medical+police document until
the visa
> granted ??
>
> Regards,
>
> Pat Stuttard
>

[email protected]...
> > Dear all
> >
> > The anxiety and nail biting is finally over with our PR visa's for
Oz
> > stamped in our passports this morning. And I cannot stop smiling
ever
> > since!!
> >
> > Well I remember getting onto this posting some many months back
with a
> > vague question as to 'how long...' and to think that now its finally happened. A big
> > thank you to all for your help with answers (that
really
> > mattered at certain times), this site is indeed a great comfort to potential migrants
> > though all due to the people who suscribe to it!
> >
> > As a brief guide to those whose visa's are in various stages of the application
> > process, this is how our's went;
> >
> > April 17, 2000 - Submitted papers to VETASSESS for assessment of
skills
> > June 14, 2000 - Received positive reply from VETASSESS July 24, 2000 - Lodged PR
> > Independent Skilled with Embassy in Athens August 16, 2000 - Received File Number Nov
> > 14, 2000 - Received papers for Medical Tests & Police Clearance Dec 8, 2000 - Received
> > 'No change of Status Ltr' - signed & sent
back
> > Feb 7, 2001 - PR STAMPED ON PASSPORTS
> >
> > Good luck to everyone!
> >
> > Marise
> >
> >

Old Feb 8th 2001, 9:02 pm
Paul & Pat Stuttard

Marise, thanks a lot for your kindly detailed information.

Cheers, Pat.

> Hi Pat,
>
> Well you don't really have a long wait from now!! We sent back our medicals,police
> clearance etc on November 26, 2000 and DIMA sent back letter dated December 8, 2000
> saying 'visa's approved in principle but sign and send back stating that our
> circumstances haven't changed.' This letter delayed things as we were celebrating
> christmas away and got it only on Jan 15, 2001 on our return. Our final visa approval
> letter was then dated January 17, 2001. Well from our experience I would think the
> Athens post works really super as we progressed to each stage so quickly without any
> delays from their side. Good luck and let us know once you'll get it!
>
> Marise
>
> In article <[email protected] .au>,

> > Congratulations !!! Marise,
> >
> > We've lodged our paper to DIMA in Athens as well. I believe we're at
> the
> > final stage of being granted the visa, as our medical test results an
> police
> > clearance documents were sent back to Athens two weeks ago. Just
> have to
> > wait now.....so hard to stop counting each day that passed since then. Well, based
> > from your case summary, does that mean you had to wait for approx. 2 months after
> > sending in the medical+police document until
> the visa
> > granted ??
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Pat Stuttard
> >

> [email protected]...
> > > Dear all
> > >
> > > The anxiety and nail biting is finally over with our PR visa's for
> Oz
> > > stamped in our passports this morning. And I cannot stop smiling
> ever
> > > since!!
> > >
> > > Well I remember getting onto this posting some many months back
> with a
> > > vague question as to 'how long...' and to think that now its finally happened. A big
> > > thank you to all for your help with answers (that
> really
> > > mattered at certain times), this site is indeed a great comfort to potential
> > > migrants though all due to the people who suscribe to it!
> > >
> > > As a brief guide to those whose visa's are in various stages of the application
> > > process, this is how our's went;
> > >
> > > April 17, 2000 - Submitted papers to VETASSESS for assessment of
> skills
> > > June 14, 2000 - Received positive reply from VETASSESS July 24, 2000 - Lodged PR
> > > Independent Skilled with Embassy in Athens August 16, 2000 - Received File Number
> > > Nov 14, 2000 - Received papers for Medical Tests & Police Clearance Dec 8, 2000 -
> > > Received 'No change of Status Ltr' - signed & sent
> back
> > > Feb 7, 2001 - PR STAMPED ON PASSPORTS
> > >
> > > Good luck to everyone!
> > >
> > > Marise
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

Old Feb 10th 2001, 11:25 am
Mark Gardner

Congrats

Enjoy your new life

Cheers

Mark.

--

> Dear all
>
>
>
>
>
> Good luck to everyone!
>
> Marise