Visa for parents

Old Mar 15th 2018, 8:02 am
Just Joined

meljackson2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa for parents

I'm (all being well) hopefully going to move to visa with my husband and children on a permanent visa. Once we're out and settled am I able to bring my parents out? There currently 66 & 61. Is there a visa option available for them, can we sponsor them, is there an age limit?
Old Mar 15th 2018, 8:24 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa for parents

Originally Posted by meljackson2002
I'm (all being well) hopefully going to move to visa with my husband and children on a permanent visa. Once we're out and settled am I able to bring my parents out? There currently 66 & 61. Is there a visa option available for them, can we sponsor them, is there an age limit?
All the information's here, including the different types of parent visas and eligibility requirements https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/brin/pare
Old Mar 15th 2018, 9:04 am
Just Joined

meljackson2002 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=spouse of scouse;12463125]All the information's here, including the different types of parent visas and eligibility requirements

That's great thanks
Old Mar 15th 2018, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

You will need to be settled for two years prior to applying.

Be aware this is an expensive visa. You would be looking at costs of about $120k for them both. Though that is current costs and will probably rise between now and then.

The processing times are about 2 years.

They will need to pass the balance of family test - if you have more than one sibling then they may not be able to. They will also need to pass medicals
Old Mar 15th 2018, 9:42 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=meljackson2002;12463160]
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
All the information's here, including the different types of parent visas and eligibility requirements

That's great thanks
No worries Mel. Have a good read of the different visa categories and their requirements, and come back with any questions.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 3:55 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by verystormy
You will need to be settled for two years prior to applying.

<snip>

Not necessarily - policy settings for the assessment of the "settled" status of a sponsor have changed in the last year.

Processing times can be established by sending a blank email to [email protected]

Best regards.