visa document checklist

Old Oct 30th 2014, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

laura644 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visa document checklist

I have just been reading through the visa document checklist for 189 visa & have a couple of questions if anyone is able to help me..

proof of de facto relationship
-I have joint lease agreements, one recent and one 4 years ago, do you think that is sufficient?

-'Skilled employment: evidence of working full-time in skilled employment in the 10 years before you were invited to apply, such as:
employment references
contracts, pay slips, tax returns, group certificates
evidence that you have been self-employed
any other documents that you provided to the relevant assessing authority to obtain your skills assessment, including any documents relating to your employment history.'

I am not getting my employment history assessed as part of my skills assessment, just my qualification. Does that mean I would not have to do this section? I have had quite a few jobs in the last 10 years and wouldn't fancy trying to collect references from them all and doubt I still have much of the paperwork...

thanks
Laura
Old Oct 31st 2014, 4:32 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visa document checklist

Originally Posted by laura644
I have just been reading through the visa document checklist for 189 visa & have a couple of questions if anyone is able to help me..

-I have joint lease agreements, one recent and one 4 years ago, do you think that is sufficient?

-'Skilled employment: evidence of working full-time in skilled employment in the 10 years before you were invited to apply, such as:
employment references
any other documents that you provided to the relevant assessing authority to obtain your skills assessment, including any documents relating to your employment history.'

I am not getting my employment history assessed as part of my skills assessment, just my qualification. Does that mean I would not have to do this section? I have had quite a few jobs in the last 10 years and wouldn't fancy trying to collect references from them all and doubt I still have much of the paperwork...

thanks
Laura
Hi Laura, can't help with your employment history question, but you'll need more evidence of your defacto relationship than a couple of lease agreements in joint names.

In the BE search box, type "defacto relationship" and search in this section (Australia/Immigration, Visas etc). You'll find tons of info on what you can provide to prove your relationship, including evidence that you've met each others families and friends, proof of joint finances such as bank accounts, Wills, emails, letters, proof of shared holidays, photos.

Best of luck with your application.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 6:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

employment references

thanks
Laura
Lease agreements are good, but I would certainly look to add to it. A few more official letters showing that you are at the same address would be very useful.

Regarding your skills assessment, well I am not clear what you mean. The majority of skills assessments do involve assessing work and qualifications. There are only a couple of occupations where the qualification alone will be sufficient to get a positive skills assessment, accountancy is one and done engineering is another - are you in those occupations? If not you will probably need to prove valid work experience.

Then separately, some assessing bodies will perform verification of work experience years claimed for points on the visa application. This is optional and non binding.
Old Oct 31st 2014, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone, yes I am an accountant, so maybe that's why the info I have gathered so far has not made me aware of any of the work experience referencing...
Old Oct 31st 2014, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Also, surely having a 4 year old daughter together is evidence of our relationship!? Both on the birth certificate..? But I will also gather more documents too!
Old Nov 1st 2014, 8:36 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Also, surely having a 4 year old daughter together is evidence of our relationship!? Both on the birth certificate..? But I will also gather more documents too!
It's evidence that you had a relationship 4 years ago. Not necessarily of an ongoing relationship.
Old Nov 1st 2014, 3:46 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It's evidence that you had a relationship 4 years ago. Not necessarily of an ongoing relationship.
Exactly. People who have been married for 25 yrs have to unfortunately provide more than just marriage and birth certificate. Think along the lines of joint bills, joint will, life insurance, several photos at family functions spanning over the years, family & friend statements....
Old Nov 1st 2014, 7:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
Exactly. People who have been married for 25 yrs have to unfortunately provide more than just marriage and birth certificate. Think along the lines of joint bills, joint will, life insurance, several photos at family functions spanning over the years, family & friend statements....
I had been married for four years when I applied for my 175 visa (equivalent to 189 the OP is thinking of). I provided the marriage certificate and nothing else.

OP is not married though as far as I can tell, so needs to do a bit more than that.
Old Nov 2nd 2014, 8:43 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
I had been married for four years when I applied for my 175 visa (equivalent to 189 the OP is thinking of). I provided the marriage certificate and nothing else.

OP is not married though as far as I can tell, so needs to do a bit more than that.
Some people have been asked for a lot more, eve when they are married with kids. Depends partly on the Case Officer you get I think!