Visa company's

Old Feb 26th 2014, 12:31 pm
Just Joined

Hopey1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa company's

Hello, Iam looking in to getting the ball rolling for moving out to oz, I am a driving instructor and the visa company said I am on the skills list. My wife is a dental nurse and I also have 2 kids. The state of perth is where I am more likely to get sponsored. I tried ixp visa company and then migrate Australia visa company, I read on a previous thread that ixp is a no go due to a lot of complaints. This might sound daft but do the visa company find work for me or do I look for work before I start the visa process. I couldn't take my family out there unless I had work (for obvious reasons) both visa company's said I would be eligible to apply for permanent residency, so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Hopey
Old Feb 26th 2014, 1:25 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa company's

Originally Posted by Hopey1982
Hello, Iam looking in to getting the ball rolling for moving out to oz, I am a driving instructor and the visa company said I am on the skills list. My wife is a dental nurse and I also have 2 kids. The state of perth is where I am more likely to get sponsored. I tried ixp visa company and then migrate Australia visa company, I read on a previous thread that ixp is a no go due to a lot of complaints. This might sound daft but do the visa company find work for me or do I look for work before I start the visa process. I couldn't take my family out there unless I had work (for obvious reasons) both visa company's said I would be eligible to apply for permanent residency, so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Hopey
I had a look at the skills lists and can't see driving instructor on either the SOL or CSOL. I'm not sure what skills list the visa companies were looking at.

Just as an aside, Perth is a city. Western Australia is the state.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the correction. On the www.immi.gov.au it has driving instructor 451211 don't know what that means though.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Ryan the wizard of the Oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Regards Hopey
Hey mate,

Yes Driving Instructor 451211 is on the CSOL list for permanent residency to Australia so no worries there.<snip>

Kind regards

Last edited by old.sparkles; Feb 26th 2014 at 8:19 pm. Reason: Advertising not allowed in posts - see site rules
Old Feb 26th 2014, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Ryan the wizard of the Oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Please feel free to use this link to establish exactly what the Australian government consider a driving instructor to do.

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/[email protected]+Instructors
Old Feb 26th 2014, 5:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Regards Hopey
We had another driving instructor enquiring recently, so you might find some usefu info in this thread -
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=825431

As you will see, with your skll being in the CSOL you will need to find a sponsor.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 5:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Regards Hopey
I think somebody is trying to sell you a dream and would proceed with caution.

Your occupation is on the CSOL, so you would need sponsorship by either an employer or by one of the states. So firstly you should check all the state sponsorship lists to see if any are sponsoring. It is not an occupation I recall seeing on a list in the past but you should check. If you can get a state sponsored visa then you don't need to have a job first, it is visa then job and finding a job becomes a lot easier if you don't need employer sponsorship.

If your occupation is not on any of the state sponsorship lists, then you need to find an employer sponsor. There is no easy way of doing this, you just have to trawl the Internet and contact driving schools and see if you get lucky.

I would not trust any visa company that says they will find you a job and sponsorship. These companies are selling dreams as I put it. Never pay anyone to find you a job in fact.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

We are looking in to a permanent visa, so I take it I would need to get a sponsor before going? Thank you for all the advice. Hopey.
Old Feb 26th 2014, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

We are looking in to a permanent visa, so I take it I would need to get a sponsor before going? Thank you for all the advice. Hopey.
Have you read the posts above? We have already covered what you need ...
Old Feb 26th 2014, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK I have checked all the lists on your behalf.

Good news is that driving instructor is on the WA state sponsorship list. So you could investigate further the 190 permanent visa sponsored by Western Australia. This is not your "best chance" of sponsorship by a state (as per your first post), it is your only chance as none of the others are sponsoring.

Your next step would be to see if you can pass a points test and the skills assessment. If you can, then you would get the skills assessment, take an IELTS test (which you will undoubtedly require for points) and lodge an expression of interest. Then you would need to hope that WA decides to sponsor you.

To look into skills assessment read here

You would need as a minimum a qualification equivalent to an AQF Certificate Level III.